“Never using this airline again”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 26 June 2022

This airline consistently cancels flights due to crew shortage. 2 out of the 3 flights from Nashville to Marion are canceled today, leaving my family stranded, 4 hours away from home. The Cape Air agent was reluctant to arrange ground transportation for us, despite the fact that this was an airline cancelation. This airline has proven to be unreliable and always complicates traveling. This is the last time I will ever use this airline.

Date of travel: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (338)

Reviewed 20 June 2022

My wife and I were booking a trip from Jacksonville, Fl to Saranac Lake, NY. The first leg of the trip was Jacksonville to Boston on Jet Blue with continuing service to Saranac Lake, NY on Cape Air. 5 days before we were due to leave we were notified that our Cape Air leg was cancelled. There evening flight 3 days before and 3 days after were all full. We attempted to call Cape Air Customer Service and were informed that we were number 39 in the que. It took 5 hours of holding on the phone to reach number 1. After waiting for over an hour at #1, I finally realized that no one was going to answer the phone and that we had moved up in the que only because others were hanging up. Apparently they didn't want to take any phone calls. As a result, we had to book an 8am flight the next day (only 2 per day) and spend $300 for a hotel room in Boston the night before. This was very poor service by Cape Air not to provide at least a message that they were not taking any phone calls. Jet Blue was excellent in their attempts to find a solution for us.

Reviewed 13 June 2022

My flight from O'Hare was cancelled due to weather. Cape air agent at the desk offered for us to get a rental and said that we would be reimbursed. Spent 600.00 on rental that I had to leave work early the next day to return to a site 1.5 hours from me. Submitted my receipt to Cape air email that the agent gave me. Got an email stating they do not reimburse for rentals.

Date of travel: May 2022
Reviewed 9 June 2022

I arrived on time to my 12;45 PM flight from MVY to Boston. Despite being within the time allowed on their website, I was the last one to check in for the flight and therefore was informed that I could not fly. The Cessna that we were flying held 8 passengers and 2 pilots but CapeAir had apparently sold 9 tickets. They informed me they had known this since 8 am but had not told the passengers or tried to remedy the situation. I was informed that the pilot was refusing to give up his First Officer/Co-Pilot so I could not fly. The ticket agent said it was up to the pilot and nothing they could do - I could stay and try to argue with the pilot myself, but he had not arrived and the plane was already late. There were no other flights available to Boston or anywhere. Their only option was flying me to JFK the following day. I needed to get home so my brother drove me to the ferry, then I had to get a car service to take me the almost 2 hours to Boston Logan, where I missed my original JetBlue fight and had to wait 5+ hours for the next flight. I am still hoping to be reimbursed for the car service and missed flight, but nothing will not remedy the graduation celebration that I missed by missing my JetBlue flight and not arriving home until midnight. Horrible day and terrible experience - would not fly them again.

Date of travel: May 2022
Reviewed 3 June 2022

I booked Cape Air, a 30 min. flight in Puerto Rico, from Mayaguez Airport to San Juan Airport to avoid the two plus hour taxi ride. Today they emailed rescheduling me to a flight that departs 6 hours later. The arrival time of that flight would land AFTER my American Airlines departure from San Juan. If I cancel the Cape Air reservation online I am required to take a travel credit that expires in one year. This is my first experience with Cape Air and don't anticipate being able to use a credit within one year. My only option for a refund is to call. I have been on hold for 5+ HOURS starting as caller #9 and have been the #1 caller for 2+ HOURS. NEVER AGAIN!

Date of travel: June 2022
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.