“This is why you should not book at Condor Airlines”
Review of Condor

Reviewed 14 August 2021

I would recommend you to not book with this airline. Imagine booking a flight, booking hotel accommodation for your stay. You're looking forward to your vacation, everything booked and prepared. And then the airline cancels the flights for no understandable reason. More than 14 days before the flight so you are not entitled to any compensation. Simply because the airline decided to cancel the flights out of greed. And as compensation, you will be offered the repayment, which will drag on for weeks. You will not be offered an alternative flight, no compensation. NOTHING! This airline is a scam machine. I was let down by this airline. Affected flight: DE 202 from Düsseldorf to Antalya on October 29, 2021.

1  Thank Travelguide95
Write a reviewReviews (8,081)

Reviewed 12 August 2021

Condor lost one piece of our baggage on our return flight from Paris to Seattle. There was absolutely no assistance from Condor on the matter and it look over 2 weeks to get our bag back, which had never left the CDG airport. I have since filed a claim and contacted Condor multiple times to get reimbursed for basic toiletry items that I needed to purchase while my luggage was missing. No assistance from Condor. Everyone I speak to has a different answer. Half of their online forms don't work or the emails they provided bounce back. Their customer service is a useless black hole.

As far as the actual flight, the food was honestly the worst food I have ever had on a flight. We sat near the front of the plane in premium economy and my husband and I asked for 2 whiskeys and they only had 1 available.. on the entire flight? The attendant said the flight before us must have drank them all?

The in flight entertainment was not working on the flight so we had to watch movies on our phone. There were approximately 8 movies available.. Contact, The Matrix, Scooby Doo, etc.

I could continue listing issues but overall a horrible experience, I would pay thousands of dollars extra to fly any other airline in the future.

Date of travel: July 2021
1  Thank meganrC3511TH
Reviewed 11 August 2021

I had a horrible experience flying with condor. The flights seem cheap, but its a scam as they will charge you for ridiculous things! On my way there, I had to pay 25 EUR for checking in, even though it said on their website that online checkin isn't available due to Covid and you have to go to the CheckIn Counter anyway. On my way back, had to pay another 25 EUR to take my handluggage, even though it was included in my light package. I even showed the lady at the CheckIn Counter my Travelpapers and she said it didn't count as it wasn't an official document by Condor. So I can take my handluggage on my way there but not back - were the rules suddenly changed within a week? Ridiculous! So instead of paying 187 EUR for my flights I payed 50 EUR in fees.
Also, you have to pay for drinks and snacks on the plane. You don't even get a sip of water for free! Conclusion: never fly with Condor, they scam you out of your money.

1  Thank 33jessih
Reviewed 5 August 2021

DO NOT FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE

I'm a frequent flyer who makes yearly trips to Europe, and I have never had a worse experience than the one I had with Condor. To start, they canceled our initial flight on very short notice, less than a week before it was scheduled, despite us booking it over 3 months in advance, so we were forced to book a different Condor flight. Once we were at the gate, there was some confusion with our Covid tests, as it appears the hospital we took them at had made an administrative error on one of the tests. As regulations state, the person whose Covid test had the error wasn't allowed on the flight. This is fine, regulations are regulations, however, the attendant at the gate was incredibly unprofessional through the entire process. He was aggressive, confrontational, and continuously accused us of trying to scam our way onto the plane when we were merely just confused and trying to figure out what was going on. I have never had another attendant speak in such an insulting, rude way.

Then, once I got on the flight, I continued to be disappointed. Despite being a red-eye flight, Condor did not provide blankets for travelers. On top of that, Condor doesn't actually offer free in-flight movies. In order to access the movies, you have only 2 options, you can either pay for in-flight WiFi, or you have to download a video player onto your device to watch movies. Again, I have never seen another airline with this issue. For a 10 hour red-eye, it is unacceptable that my only option for in-flight movies is to download a sketchy video player that I have never heard of.

When it came to food, Condor only offered one option for dinner, whereas almost every other airline I've flown usually gives you a choice between a pasta dish and a protein dish like chicken. If you happen to not like whatever pasta dish they're offering or you're allergic to one of the ingredients, tough luck.

Needless to say, I will never fly Condor again, and I cannot say this enough: DO NOT FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE. My experience was horrible the whole time, and I will be doing everything in my power to avoid flying with Condor ever again.

1  Thank BulgarianTraveler200
Reviewed 5 August 2021

I booked my fight 1,5 months in advance. Direct flight Phoenix to Frankfurt. I kept getting emails about my flights changing, adding layovers (Seattle)... ok fine. 3 Days before my outbound flight I get an email with partial cancellations, as in no flight from Seattle to Phoenix. OK... and now what? I call them to ask, gentleman interrupts me as soon as I begin to tell him the reason Im calling, asking me for a booking number. I give him that and he immediately offers a refund. I havent even told him why Im calling yet! When I asked if they could find another connecting flight he says no and offered a train ticket. Since the day I booked, they have been a pain. 5 Flight changes until they finally cancelled parts of it, 3 days before, then gave me attitude. I cancelled the whole thing and booked elsewhere last minute.

Date of travel: August 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.