“Such a pleasant flight”
Review of Copa Airlines

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I was a bit apprehensive about taking this airline based from the previous reviews on Skytrax. I was pleasantly surprise with the level of service. This was an all male cabin crew flight but the service was excellent. The food was surprisingly good. The seats were quite comfortable. I suffer from back pains for years and when I asked one of the crew members for some pain relief, he never hesitated to give me some.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,748)

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Not my favourite airline by a long chalk however it got us to our destination without too much trouble and on time too. The Panamanian beer is to be avoided at all costs. Think this is the first time I have not finished a beer on an airline.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Title explains it all. Would give 0/5 if possible. I have never flow with this airline before, and unfortunately my first experience was on my honeymoon. We flew both flights business class (decided to splurge since it was a special occasion). Horrible service!!!! The flight attendant asked for our drink order once, then did not check on us again throughout the flight. This happened on both flights. Would not expect this kind of service if booking business class, but maybe this is their norm?

After our first flight, we waited 2.5 hours for our checked luggage in Panama. As if this was not trouble enough, we just arrived at the second location (Jamaica) and our bags never showed. We filed a claim at the airport baggage claim. At this point, the company could not even locate the bags by the bar code (obviously concerning at any time, however more so when you are in a foreign country). We call later that evening to check on the bags and find out the claim we made at the airport was never filed and they could still not locate the bags by the barcode. Even MORE concerning. Hours later we have yet to hear from them and my husband and I have spent half of a day on our honeymoon attempting to resolve the problem (had to spend hundreds of dollars on new clothing, bathing suits, shoes, toiletries, etc).

Very disappointing experience. Awful service. Extremely disorganized. Would recommend this airline only to people I strongly dislike.

Travel with them at your own risk.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Travelled recently round trip from the US to Ecuador. Booked the trip on United but part of the trip was code shared with Copa Airlines. On the way down, flight was delayed and missed connecting flight. United booked me on another flight with Copa the next day. Unfortunately, the next day Copa said they had no record of it. Same thing happened on way back. While this could be United's issue as well, the fact that Copa confirmed my return flight earlier and then claimed they had no record of it makes me think Copa messed up. Also, they didn't charge me for the new ticket (stand by) I finally got which indicated they had to have the original ticket in the system. Worse, is when I showed them the confirmations all they said was "call United".

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We flew 4 legs with Copa, and 3 of the 4 had some of the nicest attendants we've ever had on a plane. On the fourth one, the attendant never even hinted at a smile. But other than that one person, we really appreciated Copa. From the efficient check-in, to the on-time departures, to the seats with comfortable headrests, and to the fact that they give you a meal even on the short flights, we felt that Copa was a really good airline and we'd happily fly with them again.