“Broken tray”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I fly first class often and never have I been so embarrassed as I was my last flight from Baltimore back home to Pasco WA. When it was time to serve the food, my tray that is stored in the arm rest was broken. When I brought this to the lead flight attendant, she said well, it was not broken when we left Boston to Baltimore. I then ask was she saying I broke it, and why would I do that? I have to use it. She said she could not do anything, no other seats available. Another attendant brought me a pillow so I could sit my tray on something flat but I declined, I was given my tray of food and sat it on the broken tray holder but every time I tried to pick up the food with a fork, the tray moved, almost on my lap, so I did place the food tray on my lap and ate very little and that was my $1000 meal. Later in the same lead attendant proceeded to ask me in front of everyone did I want free sky miles, I said I was not comfortable discussing that with everyone around, but she kept asking and wanted my sky mile number, finally she said so you don't want free miles, I said that is not what I implied, just that it was embarrassing discussing it in front of everyone, so she left, no sky miles for me, that was my experience on the Delta flight Sunday, September 17th from Baltimore at 4:50 pm back to Pasco, WA.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (35,220)

Reviewed 24 September 2017

In the morning of our flight my Delta app notified me that the flight is delayed. Since it was delayed for more than 3 hours, it meant we wouldn't make our connecting flight. But before I started panicking, I saw the option to rebook the flights in the app, and about 15 seconds later both flights were rebooked! It was extremely easy. The seats on the first flight were together, and on the second flight they were separate, which was not a big deal. But about an hour before boarding the second flight I checked my app again, and the seats were together! And when we were boarding, the gate agent even told us: "now you guys are sitting together". It was so cool!

Also, all the gate agents and flight attendants were extremely nice, so overall we were very happy with Delta!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Delta has focused on improving customer service over the last 8-10 years...and it shows...particularly for its Medallion Members. Have to admit, I couldn't expect better professional service from all members of the Delta team -- from gate agents to baggage handlers to flight attendants. In flight amenities have improved to the point of "best in class". While not always the cheapest seats available to particular destinations, the certainty of a "smooth" traveling experience usually tilts the scales in booking on Delta.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I started out in Chicago, there was a non-weather related incident at next stop - Detroit - told to circle before landing - airplane did not have enough fuel to circle even a couple minutes had to reroute to IN airport - sat there nearly two hours for fueling delay announcement of fueling because of paperwork finally 2 hours later or so get off ground back to Detroit - their actualy issue only took 15 minutes to solve but Delta not prepared reserve fuel for any delay whatsoever - huh??? - anyway by the time get to Detroit missed International flight connect to Paris - ticket me on planes to New York
then from Paris to Casa Blanca problem is there is not flight connection from New York to Paris - guess I was supposed to swim across the ocean to catch that flight to Morocco, finally put me up in hotel for night at 3 am because I was international - others on same plane had to sleep in airport for new flights - no help on this - my flight was supposed to leave at 7 am so barely got sleep and back to Detroit where Delta now tells me that flight delayed 2 hours or more - could have slept longer if known - then offer to reroute through another New York terminal - sent to member services to get credit for all of these delays and scheduling errors etc.both member services and ticket person told me I was entitled to larger credit than they were able to do from their kiosk $400 flight credit limit apparently and contact online and they would refund my tickets for equal value or issue free future travel ticket for same destination in future. At member services they gave me some food vouchers that's all for each horrible issue. Finally get on plane get to destination and now they have lost all my luggage - it never got found throughout my entire 3 week stay - had one outfit only what I wore - it was a nightmare - when contacted they passed the buck and accepted no responsibility or assistance what-so-ever and said flight rules state that when luggage is lost it is on final destination to locate it or accept responsibility - I am pretty darn sure it was not last planes fault but do to their reroutes and mess ups On way home overnight connect required and had to sleep in airport because no accomodations were allowed. when got home from trip - contacted Delta no assistance - refused to honor their employees word on compensation for this horrible flight experience - offered to give me a few coupons or credit money to purchase products from their stores - had several messages back and forth and yet they still refused anything more than that in the end They tried to claim the initial delay was due to whether but it was absolutely not pilot announced several times informing us of each and every delay - initially something with airport security then their gas inadequacy (not weather related at all though there was a storm on the way the flight went around that - delay was their own mismanagement and lack of incidental back-up planning. Total nightmare - worst airline experience I have ever had and have traveled this same international route many times with no incident on other airlines - Only Delta gave me such horrible experience - all others as expected and uneventful - no delays - no problems - even on return flight where overnight was required a hotel was provided in past I would never ever recommend this airline for any travel what so ever.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

For trans-Atlantic flights, I always aim for Delta. Always. The flight attendants are, well, attentive. They have always served me food and drink at least twice. They provide blankets and little pillows. They always have a huge selection of movies and shows to watch when you can't sleep. It's clean and comfortable. Aces.