“Impossible to Communicate with Delta by Phone”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 24 February 2018

By my experience of the last 24 hours, Delta has evidently adopted a policy of not being immediately or even quickly available to customers when they call to make reservations, or changes to existing reservations. In the five times I've tried to deal with an existing reservation - even trying at midnite my time - a recording has urged me to leave a call back request that will be fulfilled one to two hours later. If I choose to stay on the line, I am given the same time expectation. I am currently re-planning an afternoon while waiting for a call back that will come at an indeterminate time between one and two hours from now. Five times because I have had to consult with my travel partner to make decisions while she too has a life to live other than sitting around waiting for Delta to get its act together.

I understand that airlines are trying to move us away from talking to real people and interacting online, but the problem I'm dealing with is caused by ambiguous (actually misleading) information on their website, and the lack of a way to deal with it.

This can't be an ultimately successful business method. I've learned to avoid Delta the next time. I am a real person, and need to be able to talk to real people when dealing with problems related to what will be a multi-thousand dollar purchase with this airline.

Write a ReviewReviews (29,594)

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Transatlantic flights are rarely the best experiences. This flight was very good. After a rather slow assisted boarding process, all went well. There was a good tail wind and the flight to Amsterdam was only 9 hours. Delta's entertainment system has movies, games, TV, documentaries, music ...plenty to keep you occupied if you do not sleep. Dinner with wine was served as well as a mid-way ham and cheese sandwich and a continental breakfast. All this and an early arrival. Thank you, Delta crew and whoever provided the tail wind.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

My wife got food poisoning on last night of our trip to Key West and was unable to fly on our scheduled trip home. The next day, I contacted Delta, said we would miss our flight and explained the situation. We were re-booked on the same flight for the following day with no change fees or issues. I would also rate the other Delta employees we encountered on our trip as friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I flew in Economy Plus. The itinerary shows one length of flight, but they credit their "valued customers" with a different, lesser mileage. What a rip-off!! I'll be flying a different airline in the future, one that truly values it customers.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

First flight out of Baltimore delayed over an hour so could not make connection in Salt Lake City so had to wait 24 hours to try again. On way back, delay out of Seattle caused missed connection in Atlanta. Flight 2 hours later has 2 hour mechanical delay. Never flying Delta again.