“Interesting and pretty good experience”
Review of Druk Air

Reviewed 1 October 2018

It was a nice experience. The flight back from Paro to Bangkok was delayed about 40 minutes or so but luckily it didn't interrupt my next flight from Bangkok. I just wish the ground staff at the airport in Paro could say people something, but it didn't happen so people had no idea what was going on.
The fligts itself went smoothly, 45 minutes stops in Guwahati not that bad, can handle.
Leg room very good, wide seats, food was tasty, the dish called brown rice beef curry something something is not really a curry, it was just rice and some pieces of meat, I would say Bhutanese style as I've noticed that they don't really eat sauces so the rice is pretty dry useless you add some kind of datshi.
The staff on board is kind, welcoming. I kinda enjoyed the music they played before landing. but I think "I believe I can fly" by R Kelly was a bit too much lol

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We had an amazing experience in Bhutan but warn you about the airline! It is a governmental airline and they were the worst part of the trip. We had a good experience on the way over there but on the way back, they managed to damage not one, but two of our bags we checked. Both had to be replaced due to the damage. When we noticed it at the airport in Delhi, we asked the Druk Air person by baggage claim and he said we should contact the airlines when we got to our hotel. He said there was nothing they could do at the airport.

I then sent an email immediately when I got to the hotel. After a few email exchanges, they said they would not cover the damage as the company policy was that I would have had to fill out a claim AT THE AIRPORT. Since I didnt do that, they would not cover it. I explained the interaction I had with the person from Druk Air and what they told me to do and they still said they would not cover anything.

They had complete lack of care, did not even apologize and refused to help even though I followed what they told me to do. I will never fly this airline again and suggest others not use them with any checked luggage. If you are flying with carry-on only, that would be best. But if something goes wrong,.... dont expect them to help. Terrible service!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 27 September 2018

it was a first flight trip of my 9 month old daughter, enjoyed alot. every thing is ok except the flight time when you are returning from paro to delhi . it was a early morning flight so if you are taking the DRUK flight you have to leave early from the hotel at aroung 7 am. Apart from this every thing is perfect.

Date of travel: November 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We flew J class from Delhi to Paro then onto BKK some days later. Whilst Druk air is small being only a number of limited routes the service and standards far surpass many large so called 4/5 star carriers.
All flights were flown by excellent pilots, considering the challenging weather and landing conditions in Paro.
Flights on time, the cabin crew are typical of the adorable people of Bhutan, so polite, excellent service and nothing was too much trouble. Catering was of a high standard for even thee 2/3 hours flights. Whilst we know that the fares are high due to managed tourisim , the fares were worth the superb service and delightful introduction to Bhutan .

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Drukair KB121 from Bangkok to Paro is an early morning flight so most passengers are either tired or sleepy or both, but the cabin crew are pleasant and polite which keeps us passengers at ease.

You can get a decent nap during the first half because it is still dark.

Transit in Kolkata is about 40 minutes and then the excitement begins. As you enter Bhutan airspace, you get a fantastic view of the Himalayas in the distance. Make sure you sit on the left, seats A, B or C (of course the window seat is best)