“Flight into Paro is always fun”
Review of Druk Air

Reviewed 16 October 2018

This Druk Air flight from Bangkok to Paro, through Kolkata, leaves super early, depending on the season. For me, it was 5 am, which is a tough schedule. But it gets you into Paro early in the morning, which has some advantages.

Flying into Paro is always fun, with so many twists and turns through the tight valleys. It's certainly one of the most exciting landings for any airport. Be sure to book seats on the left side of the plane if you can, so you can get a great view of the Himalayas on the way in.

The food was decent, but the coffee was bad. Stick to water. Service was pleasant and friendly.

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank Ian K

Reviewed 11 October 2018

its an expesnive airline as Bhutan has monopoly but its good and food is also served. Bhutanese food may not be tempting for all

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Clean and punctual flight. Only lasted about 1 hour, so no food. The crew were helpful and also gave running details of views of mountains.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

It was a nice experience. The flight back from Paro to Bangkok was delayed about 40 minutes or so but luckily it didn't interrupt my next flight from Bangkok. I just wish the ground staff at the airport in Paro could say people something, but it didn't happen so people had no idea what was going on.
The fligts itself went smoothly, 45 minutes stops in Guwahati not that bad, can handle.
Leg room very good, wide seats, food was tasty, the dish called brown rice beef curry something something is not really a curry, it was just rice and some pieces of meat, I would say Bhutanese style as I've noticed that they don't really eat sauces so the rice is pretty dry useless you add some kind of datshi.
The staff on board is kind, welcoming. I kinda enjoyed the music they played before landing. but I think "I believe I can fly" by R Kelly was a bit too much lol

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 30 September 2018

We had an amazing experience in Bhutan but warn you about the airline! It is a governmental airline and they were the worst part of the trip. We had a good experience on the way over there but on the way back, they managed to damage not one, but two of our bags we checked. Both had to be replaced due to the damage. When we noticed it at the airport in Delhi, we asked the Druk Air person by baggage claim and he said we should contact the airlines when we got to our hotel. He said there was nothing they could do at the airport.

I then sent an email immediately when I got to the hotel. After a few email exchanges, they said they would not cover the damage as the company policy was that I would have had to fill out a claim AT THE AIRPORT. Since I didnt do that, they would not cover it. I explained the interaction I had with the person from Druk Air and what they told me to do and they still said they would not cover anything.

They had complete lack of care, did not even apologize and refused to help even though I followed what they told me to do. I will never fly this airline again and suggest others not use them with any checked luggage. If you are flying with carry-on only, that would be best. But if something goes wrong,.... dont expect them to help. Terrible service!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)