“Overall it was a good flight to EDI”
Review of easyJet

Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

LTN-EDI. It was well organised at the gate with EasyJet Plus holders and those with speedy boarding being asked to board first. There was a good welcome on board with boarding and paperwork completed well ahead of time. The plane pushed back a few minutes behind schedule.

The projected flight time was one hour to Edinburgh however on approach into EDI there was a heavy rain shower and a wind change so the captain made the decision to fly around the airport and land in the opposite direction. As a consequence the flight was 5 minutes behind schedule arriving into Edinburgh.

Easyjet has changed the luggage policy for those wanting to bring larger cases onboard. Those who choose up front seats are entitled to take overhead cases and are entitled to speedy boarding. This meant the front of the plane was extremely busy whilst the rest of the plane was emptier. I felt fairly uncomfortable in the up front seats especially during the pandemic.

Date of travel: May 2021
72  Thank paullegate
Write a reviewReviews (56,669)

Reviewed 6 May 2021

Beware, easyJet has no considering for people with face mask exemptions (unless you have a doctors note which most of us don’t given that they are usually not required by any compassionate business)

Date of travel: May 2021
Reviewed 25 April 2021

We are now in April 2021.

In 2016, my 10pm flight Geneva-London was cancelled. We went in a hotel in Geneva using easyjet bus saying that we will be paid back, I booked a new flight the next day at 6am.

Since then I wrote 55 emails to easyjet, in 2018 they promised to pay back flight+hotel+250EUR compensation in writing by email. Then silence. Then I contacted them again, they refused (it was another person).

I went to UK small claim court twice. I paid the court fees. I lost twice. Reasons: first time in 2019, I did not pay the 150£ court fee. Second time in 2021, the case was unreceivable because the I lost the first time.

Summary:
a. easyjet service is so ugly.
b. Planes are good.
c. I paid 1'100£ from my pocket for all this Easyjet mess. No mercy for them for the pricing.

Date of travel: May 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 22 April 2021

With the COVID-10 global pandemic, Easy Jet required that I pay a $140 "change fee" in order to have a credit for a flight I was not able to take (not able to enter the UK, therefore not able to travel from the UK to Athens) in July 2020. With this $140 charge, I was told that I could book travel up until 17 July 2021. I let them know that due to still high levels of COVID-19 (as of April 2021), my family was not able to use the credit by JUly 2021. I asked for an extension to July 2022 and was denied. I know the pandemic has been difficult for everyone, airlines in particular, but this is UNACCEPTABLE! I will never fly Easy Jet again.

Date of travel: July 2020
Reviewed 21 April 2021

Easyjet has a no refund for cancellation policy (except for cancellations executed 24 hours after booking). During a pandemic, when people have to cancel flights for all kinds of reasons, you'd think the company would make some exceptions. However, their corporate management has decided to keep taking people's money during one of the most vulnerable times in our species' history, just to protect their profits. I'll bet they pay and treat their employees terribly.

Date of travel: April 2021
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.