“Good service”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We have always had a good flight with Emirates, either stopping in Dubai or traveling onward via Dubai. Service is good and the staff are always friendly and helpful.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,449)

Reviewed 18 January 2018

i used to love Emirates and i would highly recommend them to friends and Partners but i can see that the Service is going down and they are cutting coast a lot .
egg. in the Lounge there used to be a lot of thinks free egg. haircut now you have to pay for it and there are many more examples like this ! so it used to bee a 5 star Airline now it is a 4 star Airline

2  Thank Christopher A

My first time business class with Emirates EK5056, EK419, EK418, EK5055

Because my wife had a good experience with Emirates earlier in the year on the same route I booked a couple of flights through the Emirates website for AKL to BKK via SYD and return. No problems.

Went to arrange the limo transfer in AKL but not available so phoned the Emirates office and they said the limo service was not available in AKL because the AKL-SYD leg of the flight would be on a Qantas plane.

Disappointing, but the limo would be available in SYD. Great on a short stopover maybe we could book the limo for a sight seeing tour of SYD airport. Disappointing.

Again because the first leg of the trip was with Qantas no access to the Emirates lounge in AKL. Disappointing.

BMW limo waiting in BKK and a Mercedes limo back to BKK airport on the way home. Great.

Upon check in at BKK for the return flights the staff were unable to issue boarding passes for the second leg from SYD to AKL because the Emirates computers were not talking to the Qantas computers. But don’t worry we have checked your bags through to AKL so just speak to one of the Emirates staff when you arrive in SYD and all will be OK. Warning Bells.

At the lounge in BKK we find out that the BKK – SYD flight would be delayed but don’t worry Emirates and Qantas were partner airlines and all would be OK. Bigger Warning Bells.

During the flight it became more obvious that it was going to be very tight to catch the SYD-AKL flight so I asked one if the cabin crew I we could somehow get off the plane first. Don’t worry your in business class and you will get off quickly. Bigger Warning Bells.

Then 30 minutes later a general announcement for any passengers who have to catch the same SYD-AKL flight as us would be let off the plane first. Funny That.

When we arrived at SYD dozens of passengers were let off the flight first and onto waiting busses taking us to the transit area, what about our bags I asked one of the staff, don’t worry all taken care of. Maybe someone had got things organised but I had serious doubts.

When we reached the gate for the Qantas flight the staff member on the business class lane said you won’t be getting on this flight because business class is full.

“But I have got tickets.”

“I can see that but you did not arrive on time and Emirates did not advise us that you were going to be late so we have you as a ‘no show’ Go back to the transfer desk and see the Emirates staff there”.

So back to the transfer desk, no Emirates staff just a loan Qantas lady. “Sorry cant help there is a phone on the wall over there, dial the number for Emirates and see if they can help you”. Phoned the number and the person on the other end said she would get someone from Emirates to come down and sort it out.

30 minutes later no one had appeared so I phoned again, this time it seems Emirates had washed their hands of their problem and passed it over to Qantas. Someone would come down. ‘Yea Right’.

“Rather than sit in this desolate part of the airport would it be possible for us to wait in the Qantas lounge?”

“OK go to the lounge.”

At last we met someone who cared. The Qantas staff at the lounge understood the problem and took responsibility. “Leave it with us, go and have a coffee, we will page you when we have a solution” A glimmer of hope.

In less than 10 minutes they had us booked on the next flight.

So we were heading home better late than never. But our problems had not yet finished, you guessed it, no bags in AKL and no Emirates staff to be seen. So another wasted hour explaining our wows to the baggage services staff. After much tapping on the computer it seems our bags are still in SYD.

Of course no limo in AKL – Disappointing

Some good news the bags were delivered the next day. Well done Menzies baggage tracing service.

So what can Emirates learn from this? It must have been obvious from the start that there would be a problem. These things happen but at least be honest and level with your customer, not just pass the problem on to someone else. At no time did a Emirates member of staff front up to help. The Emirates staff just played pass the parcel with the problems hoping it would go away or someone else would handle it.

Suggestion - maybe less money on flash uniforms and more money on staff training in problem handling and customer service.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I checked-in this morning the same 5 pieces of luggage I had checked-in in Brisbane with Emirates.
Those very same 5 pieces of luggage were kept by Emirates, untouched, in the Left Luggages services at Dubai Airport, terminal 3.
I’ve tried to upload the files showing that all the five luggages had the same individual weight and, of course, had the same total weight of 114,7kg (115kg) on the Emirates label.
I told the man at the counter that I had gone through 6 airports, including Dubai, in my wonderful trip to Australia and hadn’t gotten any problems either with Emirates or with Qantas.
How come my untouched 5 luggages were completely under Emirates policies at Brisbane, but in Dubai I was forced to pay overweight in 3 our of my 5 pieces of luggage (I was travelling with my family).
The wonderfully trained Emirates professional told me that “Emirates rules are more strict in Dubai than in other countries it operates in”.
Ok. 200 USD gone!
But you guys at Emirates can be sure that if I have a choice in the future, I will never fly again with an Airline that suggests you to stop over in Dubai “to apply more strict rules and take our money away”.
I told all my family, including my younger son, to create new Skywards (and Skysurfers) accounts in the beggining of our trip because Emirates was supposedly the best airline.
As they had the interaction this morning with Emirates in Dubai, not only myself but all my family became very disappointed with Emirates.
Have fun with my 200 USD!
They were the last pennies Emirates will ever get from my pockets!

7  Thank chiariniandre
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

This was my first trip with Emirates and I was keen to see what it was like, especially considering that the airline has won several awards for its service over the years.

Dubai International is an enormous airport, most of which is dedicated to the service of Emirates. Terminal 3, the Emirates terminal, is laid out in a long connecting strip of gates but fortunately these are connected by a train as it would be too far to walk from end to end otherwise. Despite the airport’s size there was never a sense of any crowding, and check in, security and boarding were all accomplished swiftly and seamlessly. Even once you’re through into the boarding gate area, there are enough seats for each passenger and toilets are still available before boarding.

On board our Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, the seats in Economy Class were fairly narrow and space was limited but adequate. Food was reasonable, though not exceptional, and their appeared to be a high ratio of flight attendants to passengers.

WiFi was available on board and each passenger has an individual screen in the back of the seat in front. However, once the passenger ahead puts their seat back, it is no longer possible to see the screen properly unless you do the same. This was a long haul aircraft operating a short haul route, but it does highlight the issue of adjustable seats on short haul flights. Provided the seats are comfortable and give adequate legroom, perhaps they should not be adjustable, particularly for short haul.

Despite the limitations of the Economy Class seating, overall I thought the airline’s service was good and passengers were well catered for.

2  Thank Clive G