“Disappointing”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Always enjoyed Emirates but not this time . The usual friendly service was definitely not up to scratch. It was slow, and it was almost as though the crew were doing you a favour on one of our flights we requested a pre dinner drink which took forever to arrive . The trolley either stopped at the row in front of us , or stopped a row behind us, It was really frustrating . So much so that one of the passengers made a bit of scene, which didn't go down well..
Our return flight a week later May 4 was the same from the check in where the ground crew were very off hand , The air crew were miserable too. definitely not up to their usual standards.

1  Thank Tweet G
Write a ReviewReviews (37,668)

Reviewed 29 June 2018

The aircraft was quite a sight from the seats, food, cabin space and in-house entertainment (IMC). The movies kept me entertained the entire flight and there was so much to choose from. Can't wait for another flight on Emirates.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I have travelled with many airlines and needed mobility assistance around the airport. No problem, you go on-line and fill in a mobility form. In my case I really need assistance around the airport, but can walk up stairs. I have had no problems in the past with Virgin, FlyBe and Logan Air. I have flown many times with Emirates, and have found them really good in the past. So there should be no problem, right? Wrong! I couldn't find an on-line form, so asked my travel agent, Travel Bag, to arrange assistance with Emirates. They told me they had contacted Emirates. I asked for something in writing as it is handy to show to the mobility assistance people at the airport. They told me that Emirates had refused to send this and that assistance had been denied! Because I had reserved seats in the Upper Deck, they could not provide mobility assistance! Furthermore, they actually asked why I could walk up stairs, but not walk long distances?! Travel Bag could not believe this, but could not get anybody at Emirates would would actually listen to them! I have now spoken to somebody twice and they seem totally incapable of listening to what I am saying! I've contacted them on FB and Twitter also. I paid £240 extra to reserve the seats on the Upper Deck, the only seats where my wife and I can sit together in a two. I really do not undertand their position on this - I can walk up the stairs, and if the plane was on the tarmac I would have to walk up stairs anyway. Certainly more than I will to get to the Upper Deck! Once I'm up there I will be there for the 7 hour duration of the flight! The toilets are up there, so I would not have to go down and back up for the toilets. Even if I did it would not be a problem! Yesterday Emirates social media reiterated that I must change my seats if I wanted assistance, and that they could do this if I wanted! I told them NOT to change my seats! I phoned Birmingham Airport, gave them my flight details to reserve assistance myself. They asked if I needed help on the stairs, and I said no! Easy? Emirates have told me that I do not have assistance in Birmingham or Dubai!! I am now worried that they have phoned Birmingham airport and cancelled the assistance I have booked! Would they really be that petty? I suppose I would like to think not, but you never know! I am now actually going to have to phone the mobility assistance at Dubai airport to arrange my own transport because Emirates will not do this! They have backed themselves into a corner, and are bizarely refusing to listen to what I am saying or consider what I need. Every disability should be assesed individually. This really is disability discrimination. Emirates are effectively saying that I cannot have mobility assistance around the airport because I want seats on the Upper Deck! But I do not have a problem with stairs! I do have a problem limping for hours around what is a huge airport!

2  Thank Jeff_Windsor
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Loved every minute of my flight, never flew with Emirates before, it was wonderful I am almost 6 foot, but had plenty of leg room, the food was delicious the service first class, couldn't fault a thing the entertainment and in flight film choices were great, I went to the loo several times and one of the bathrooms was huge, you could have swung a cat in it !! if you wanted any thing you just rang your bell and the attendant would come and look after you, did have a bit of excitement there was a women travelling on her own about 8 rows in front who was getting very drunk and when the attendents wouldn't give her any more alchol she was not a happy bunny and kicked off big style, for hours she moaned shouted and swore and eventually went to sleep, it was quite entertaining,

Reviewed 29 June 2018

This is my first time flying with Emirates, i was a bit nervous, as i am a plus size lady, and I find most airline seats uncomfortable. But this was okay, i enjoyed it. Its just that i had to transit in Dubai, my next flight from Dubai to Munich was quite uncomfortable, as we had a empty seat in between me and another guy. I thot it would be okay and comfortable but this stupid guy decided to take advantage and sleep in the two seats and covering with the blanket, he did it it such a way that his stupid feet kept kicking me in thigh. I whacked him so many times on his foot but he didn't bother. Plus the big size man in front of me decided to push his chair back down and i was like stuck, gosh,I got so fed up. I loved the food especially the dessert, cheeese and crackers. Coming back from Dubai to KL was much better, first i was stuck with a couple and it was quite tight...lol. But since we had quite a lot of space, the stewardess let me move to another place, this four seating area had only me and another lady at the end, we had to empty seats in between, and i really enjoyed my flight back, i was really comfortable.