“Only surface glitter in Big banner Emirates”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took Flight EK-513 on 26th Oct.2018. & EK-001 thereafter. Sitting in wide-bodied Beoing 737 from Delhi and Dreamliner 787 from Dubai looked good. Seating was alright. But nothing extra ordinary to support my choice of this Big banner airline. At both ends and particularly on the return leg I particularly took note of the lethargic air of the stewardesses. They kept darting around their cafetria/store & aisle leisurely steadying their caps et al. But no concern about the passenger comforts.Consequently, inspite of having probably 12 teams serving Dinner/Refreshment the service was very late by all standards. Meals were served almost 80-90 minutes after take-off. On the return journey flight took off from London at 20.30 and my turn (middle of the Aircraft) came at 22.00 !!! Contrary to the notions that they take good care in terms of gourmet and plenty of it....food here was run of the mill and not enough to fill me atleast.

Stewardesses inflights plying to USA and Canada go around offering additional food/drink items. Not here. They take so long to move from one row to another !!

And yes though most staff are of Middle Eastern origin, one English/Scottish crew went around 'hawking' tea/cofee, almost ordering me to hold the cup in a particular fashion with a very haughty air about him !!

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (43,290)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the best flight I had in an economy flight. Food is great and tasty. There is no foul smell in the cabin, which is a good plus.

Date of travel: June 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The lady booking us the seat at JKIA was uncooperative. She even could not discuss customer sitting preference (Whether window or aisle) . She ended up booking us in seats away from the window.

The Whole of Zone C in the flight had screens which were not functional so we could not get the flight view. When I requested the hostess for assistance, she kept dilly dallying until we reached Dubai!!!. Then at some point she told us something is wrong and referred us to the general screens.

Emirates has been my most preferred airline but it seems the standards are going down.

Bernard

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank benard1234
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For many times my wife and I used Emirates airline mainly from Indonesia to Europe. But for the first time I used it to go to America (Jakarta-Dubai-Orlando). One thing that really stands out on every Emirates flight I've ever used is that the quality of audio-visual entertainment is still the most advanced, the greatest, and the most sophisticated. But on my last trip to Orlando, I felt a decrease in the quality of the inflight meal service which was completely bad and relatively not making me tasteful. Maybe this is just a matter of taste because I am looking for a menu for Asians but instead I get a very bland vegetarian menu. I hope that in the future Emirates can present a relatively universal menu, while other menus are included as a special choice menu. But overall very nice journey with Emirates

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want to see what the service is all about, you should fly Emirates. Apart from punctuality, comfort, they offer good service.
What I liked the most was the claiming of missing miles, which was done in a jiffy without going through many hassles.
I am planning to try Emirates for my upcoming Europe trip with family too.

Date of travel: October 2018