“Couldn't thank Emirates enough”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

Wow what a ride I have had since On Friday the 20th November, I arrived at the airport thinking I was going home, my flight would take me from London, Dubai, KL, New Zealand and home to Australia, but due to covid rules out of New Zealand, after boarding my flight, I was asked to gather my belonging and follow an emirates staff member, I actually though I might be getting an upgrade, it was evident I was not when I found myself back in the terminal and told that my bags were being taken off the flight and I would not be travelling today. I was gutted and just basically cried.
I had been booked on a green flight out of NZ instead of a red one, Green being a covid free flight(no isolation), but Red being (isolation required).
After sitting for a time that seemed like forever and basically not knowing where to turn next, and watching others get angry at the staff, for which emirates staff handled very well.
I sat and waited for a while then
Imran I think he was the manager, came to me and explained I could get on the same flight on Sunday, he then organised accommodation for the evening, and took me to the transit bus, he took my phone number and said he would call me later.
I checked in to the hotel and he did call me, and explained that he had emailed Emirates in Dubai and was trying to get me on a flight on Sunday that was London, Dubai then Sydney, and would let me know by lunchtime the next day.
And so he did. I was booked on a flight at 1.40pm on Sunday, I was so happy.
I arrived at the airport, I messaged Imran and couldn't thank him enough. He told me that he had seen I was checked in and wished me all the best.
I am now in Sydney in isolation for another 7 days.
I just want to thank you Imran for your help, kindness and compassion. God bless you.

1  Thank elainemC1146ID
Write a reviewReviews (61,850)

Reviewed 30 November 2020

It was ok from London to Dubai when i travelled from Dubai it was horrific in lounge as nobody kept social distance(long queues) and Emirates did not request to any of passenger. They lie in advertisement of social distancing also inflight service was not as good as in reviews. it was bad experience than Qatar airways.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
4  Thank Bannett f
Reviewed 29 November 2020

First point of contact where the luggage is weight and sent to the plane, I came across somebody who is unprofessional, uneducated, unmannered,uncivilised person who even didn't greet me, no smile on face and made my experience very bad, Flight number is EK040, I hope for the best but now after a while prepared for the worst service as well.

2  Thank Ansarwah
Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

SAD!
This is how Emirates operates flight during COVID from Dubai airport. This flight was coming to NYC. This is how they arrange seating for all passengers before getting onboard.
Take some shame management, and you claim you are doing everything during pandemic

6  Thank Bahar21
Reviewed 25 November 2020

The ground staff didn't provide a wheelchair when I had booked for one while booking my full ticket. They failed to do it and made me walk for so long that i who have disc damage got more pain and sick. No social distancing as advertised all over the UAE. Crowded queues to the launch.
Food was very very old. Got rubber idly and old sambar. Shame on the caterers who serve Emirates asked for another meal, they refused. the staff never got water or coffee as I was having a headache.
I was treated well when I flew from Brisbane to dubai but such a shameful treatment from Dubai to Chennai. Will not recommend a flight from Dubai to Chennai, take some other flight, you get better treatment

Date of travel: October 2020
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank Arshaad2010
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.