“Never, Ever Fly Ethiopian Airlines”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I planed a special trip with my niece to Italy for her 18th birthday. I booked flights on Ethiopian Airlines, the first flight from Joburg to Addis Ababa was delayed by 6 hours... No explanation, although the ground staff told us we’d make our connection to Rome. We landed in Addis Ababa to find that we had missed our connection along with hundreds of other people for many other different flights. No airline representatives were on hand to assist or give information on what to do. The transfer desk was understaffed. The airport ran out of food and drinking water. 10 hours later we were booked on a flight to Rome (24 hours after our original departure time) and given a voucher for a 1-star Hotel. Save yourself the trouble... Never, ever, ever fly Ethiopian Airlines. They treat people like animals and have absolutely no concept whatsoever about customer service...

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (2,832)

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I am a regular flier with ET in the region, and particularly do so in 2017, and are closing the year with ET flight back home. In my experience, Ethiopian Airlines, irrespective of the flight route, destination, or the type of plan to use on that route, consistently applies its legendary ET onboard service. Staff are consistently immaculate, polite but firm as a team of people committed to looking after the safety and welfare of the traveller. The decision by ET to use the Dreamliner for the route to Lusaka via Harare, is of course a great business decision. The flight from Lusaka to Addis was comfortable, with helpful staff would managed a full flight all the way up to Addis. The specifications of the plane certainly enhances that service from ET. So, if you have to fly to from Lusaka and wish to connect to any part of Africa, or the rest of the world, consider ET: It comes highly recommended, and is value for money.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Flight was delayed out of Nairobi and Addis but the pilots made up time. Comfortable new Airbus 350.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I flew Dublin to Douala via Addis Ababa on a 787 Dreamliner. Seating type seemed to change on the return to Dublin but the comfort level didn't seem any better or worse either way. Very friendly flight crew, food was mostly good. The lounge in Addis was just Ok not great food selection wise with a 4 hour stop over pretty boring. The lounge in Douala probably the worst I've ever been in ( nothing to do with Ethiopian ) as was the overall Doula airport experience. The immigration official's and staff obviously never been through any public relations skills training extremely off putting when entering the country. I have travelled a bit in Africa and it does appear to be a common unwelcoming feature,happy to say did not experience the same in Addis thankfully.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

First time fly with Ethiopia airlines and it was a very positive experience. I took night flight Addis to London very nice plane plenty of legroom and comfortable seats, could sleep most hole flight. Can recommend.
Only negative The flight crew need to listen if I say do NOT wake me for dinner and breakfast.