“Try to get your money refundable from finnair it can take a month if you are lucky”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 28 February 2020

I have booked a flight on finnair while I was booking it I was promised that it's a fully refunbell ticket. After paying the full charge of the ticket about 1200 pounds which took a minute to clear from my account. A week later I realised that I don't really want to fly so happily I call finnair and here start this nightmare ordeal at first they told me about a week to 10 days, I was quite shocked why its taking so long. But I decided to wait patiantly after a week with no refund I call again this time they said a week to 10 business day, a week later they said because the corona outbreak it may take 20 business days.I ask them to ascalete the case which didn't seam to help with this meter I would suggest to other people to be aware of Finnair behaviour and look for airlines that if the ticket is refundable will do it at ones like British Airways!!! I'm still waiting for my money back which look like it may take a long while before I ever get it if ever

5  Thank Abraham C
Write a reviewReviews (7,693)

Reviewed 28 February 2020

Night flight from Havana to Helsinki. We had bought seats in the economy comfort class. As the flight was not full we could lie down and sleep on "our own" four seat sections in the middle. This meant that we all (family of three) could have a nice sleep during the flight. Inflight service and food was fine. One of the extras when you book ecenomy comfort is an amenity kit. Last time we flew Finnair economy comfort this kit came in a nice Marimekko bag. This time this was reduced to a small paper box which was disappointing. Cabin crew was however very nice and service minded and made this long flight worth the money.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank oldaircraft
Reviewed 27 February 2020

Every single bag checked on the (direct) flight from Prague to Helsinki went "missing". The airline instructed everyone to fill out a missing bag form on the Finnair website, which entailed entering a lot of tedious information they should have already had. I have yet to recover my bag or be compensated for the significant inconveniences this has caused.

Date of travel: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with Sky-tours
4  Thank petermW6510WG
Reviewed 26 February 2020

The most moronic company. I fly this company for the last time. They simply do not give me luggage to Helsinki, because they do not want to work. I flew in with 2 children. keys to the house and car in the trunk. And I could not pick up the car, and get home. We called the office, they answered by phone we have a strike. And they all had exactly what to do with 2 children, and where to go! I wonder if the pilot decides to go on strike, can he also throw the wheel at you and leave? A normal company could warn in advance that people would not leave valuables in their luggage with an SMS message. They even could not do this minimum of service. I had to pay extra money for a taxi to open the castle at home, to stand outside for 1 hour in summer clothes. Do not fly people with this company, they do not know how to work, and you do not know when you will fly away at all, arrive where your things will be, and whether you can return home after a holiday.

3  Thank viktoriap840
Reviewed 26 February 2020

We just came back from a northern lights tour of Finland and flew Finnair Miami to Ivalo via Helsinki and spent 2 more night's in Helsinki.

I am not a fan of this airline. I have traveled all over the world and on almost all European airlines and I have to say Finnair is one airline I will not be flying on again.

The convenience of flying nonstop to Finland from Miami was great. The onboard crew were very nice on all flights (cannot say anything bad about them and reason for my first star), but their product and tired A330 leaves much to be desired.

The staff in charge of check in for Finnair at Miami Intl were horrible! Too preoccupied with personal chat amongst themselves. We were the only ones in line, 3 employees were behind the counter and it took forever to get called. It felt like we were a burden. Then they wanted to charge me for bags I already paid for online. Horrible start to what was supposed to be an enjoyable trip.

Their A330 is the most uncomfortable plane I've ever flown in and I've flown this aircraft on many other airlines! I paid extra for economy comfort and it was anything but comfortable. Those seats are not made for passengers with broad shoulders. The food portions during dinner service are smaller than supermarket microwaveable meals and you are allowed ONE free drink (which is barely 2 oz they serve you). Anything after that, you have to pay an alarming amount of money for. After paying a fortune for these airline tickets, this "nickle and diming" aspect was frowned upon.

The video screen on the return flight was not working well either. The flight attendant rebooted the system over 3 times and in the end gave up. Not much they can do in the air and I understand.

Do not expect any frills on this airline. If you are flying economy, come prepared for what will be a very tight seat and have a large meal before boarding the plane.

Helsinki airport was very nice and efficient. Reason for my second star.

Next time I will take Lufthansa or Air France, even if I have to double connect.

3  Thank VinFL80
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.