“Can't handle baggage?”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 27 November 2021

We flew from Lapland to Switzerland via Helsinki. Out first flight from Ivalo was delayed an hour because they noticed that they had loaded baggage on the plane that did not belong there.
We made it to our second flight, which gladly waites for us. This flight, too, had an hour delay because, as we were told, it took so long to load the transfer baggage.
Guess what: Our suitcases did not arrive with us. No idea what took them so long during transit.

1  Thank JohnnyAnnoyed
Write a reviewReviews (7,701)

Reviewed 23 November 2021

Every time we call, we shouldn’t have to wait over 45 to and hour call until someone picks up!! We get charged and it’s not called for this long to answer!

1  Thank numbern2021
Reviewed 19 November 2021

Ok its a standarad flight , but the prices is not what they was before COVID-19 even more expencive then KLM lUFTHANSA ,overcrowded flights ,when they stoped 2 flight/day,i i Silver member but its not worth it anymore , service suport is out of control, right now they just want to take back what they lost ,whatever it cost

• In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Destination A
Reviewed 18 November 2021

I totally understand that when a country requires proof of onward travel that the airlines will make sure you have it because otherwise they may get fines but they should at least know who this applies to. Thia is only a requirement for tourists who make use of the visa on arrival. I paid to get a 3 month visa which I had in my passport so obviously this should not be a requirement for me. Nevertheless Finair didn't let me board the plane and forced me to buy a 100€ ticket within 45 day that is of no use to me. Doesn't fact that the onward flight should be within 45 day make it obvious that this shouldn't be a requirement for someone with a 3 month visa? This is totally unacceptable, probably the most unprofessional airline I ever flew with.

• In-flight Entertainment
3  Thank wouter9827
Reviewed 14 November 2021

We booked originally the 17:30 flight but it was canceled. We were moved to the last 19:20 flight that was an Airbus but it was later changed to an ATR turboprop without business class. Luckily, I could change us to the previous 12:40 flight without an extra cost although we had campaign light tickets.

At that time, this flight was to be operated by the smaller A319 but one week before it was changed to the bigger A321. Probably because there had suddenly come more inbound passengers. Our flight had plenty of empty seats.

The flight was on time. I am not a huge fan of this new salad concept in business class under 3-hour flights. The previous hot meals were so much better.

The service was extra friendly and attentive. Because of that, I am giving five stars.

2  Thank Mikael F
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.