“Direct Fight to Boston is a Dream Come true”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 1 December 2019

We live near Honolulu but are originally from the Boston area. We were ecstatic when we learned that Hawaii had establish a direct Honolulu to Boston route. This cuts the travel time by two to three hours. We love flying Hawaiian and have used them as our priimary carrier for many trips through asia and the west coast of the USA, Same great service which included meals, complimentary wine, free movies. Hawaii just brings that great Aloha spirit.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (7,624)

Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

Hawaiian Airlines airplane was roomy and comfortable especially since we upgraded to a premium seat. Overall experience was ok

Date of travel: October 2019
2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 1 December 2019

First time Leaving from Boston Airport to Honolulu. We up grader great seats. Had a TV at every seat that passes time. Got hot meal a glass of wine. Service was very good. Best flight I ever had. Still a long flight. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Sunshine616846
Reviewed 30 November 2019

I've been to Honolulu several times and flown United, Delta, and American. This was a pleasant flight to Honolulu and my first flight on Hawaiian to Honolulu. The service was a notch higher than my past experiences. Check-in was easy, boarding was easy and orderly, probably because of the soothing Hawaiian music playing during boarding. The attendants were ok, not rude, not overly pleasant, just a bit stiff. This was an Airbus A330 flight with economy seating. Leg room was average, butt space was average, personal entertainment was nice, and the meal was unexpected and tasty (chicken, salad, drink, and a shortbread cookie). Overall a nice experience.

Date of travel: October 2019
2  Thank MannyFID
Reviewed 29 November 2019

I fly Hawaiian Airlines exclusively between Honolulu and the mainland/west coast cities. I always look forward to the Hawaiian touches such as music, videos of hula, and Hawaiian style beverages and food. I say the food, but of late it has been somewhat underwhelming as the food advisor they have now has created dishes that seem to be neither Hawaiian in flavor nor with much flavor at all. I hope that they changes chefs sooner rather than later. This is why 4 stars and not 5.

Service is usually with a smile and lovely attitude. As with any situation, there are sometimes exceptions.

I prefer the first-class seating in the Airbus A330, but on my last flight was on the older Airbus A321neo which I hadn't experienced in a while. I found the flight to be comfortable and storing my onboard supplies much easier than with the rigid A330 pukas.

Inflight "entertainment" didn't have much that was new since I last flew Hawaiian in July 2019. Stagnant.

1  Thank RGaitherHI
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.