“Pretty good for the price”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Everything wad good except legroom, as is normal. Also egg in egg wrap was so thin you could almost read through it.

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (7,619)

Reviewed 11 March 2020

CLEAN- My sister is a nurse and always cleans all the surfaces around her airline seat. This time we cared even more for Covid-19 precaution. She was amazed on both of our Hawaiian Airlines flights that there was NO soiling on her disinfecting cloth. These planes we CLEAN!

KIND-the staff at the airport and on the plane we're notably kind and gracious. Maybe that's what living in beautiful islands does to people:) I asked one staff member at the airport if I was allowed into a certain line and I told her if I didn't qualify I'd move and she responded with a smile "or we'll just take care of you". Not the response you sometimes get at an airport! We had so many kind encounters with Hawaiian Airlines staff. I didn't fly them from the mainland , but had read online that they're the best airline to fly to the islands. My short experience gave me an idea of why!

MAHALO - thank you Hawaiian Airlines for a job well done. I was very touched by your magazine article about the special things you did when you knew you had a guest on board who was a Pearl Harbor survivor coming for a special anniversary event. You arranged to have crew who were former military to honor him in that way and you arranged a water guard. Wow. And in the same article you talked about how much it meant to you all to get to help Samoa to stop a measles outbreak. You guys don't even fly to Samoa , but when the call came for help you guys were there. I am grateful for your hearts and attitudes...YOU are making a difference Hawaiian Airlines!

Date of travel: February 2020
2  Thank bluebug2018
Reviewed 11 March 2020

It seems that customers come first with Hawaiian and that is a pleasant experience. Attendents always willing to help. Good service good food good flight! Can't ask for more!

Date of travel: October 2019
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 11 March 2020

As an island way out there in the southern oceans we have to fly. We (i don't mean Australians i mean my wife and I ) travel mostly to the States, as the West Coast is 14 hours why fly locked in a metal tube for that long, way back when we started travelling we have always flown the 9 hour hope to Ohau, stay a night at the least and then a 5 hour hope to the main land. Really why do some put themselves and in some cases their children through 14 hours of possible kicking and screaming. I understand that cost is a big factor.

Now the airline has a ample bag policy and the seat even in cattle car are generous, but premium economy is where you have to be, better seating with all the perks of up front without meals, and the cost is not over the top.

I haven't found a better airline in my opinion . (and no i haven't tried them all)

Thanks, Michael

Date of travel: April 2019
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 11 March 2020

This airline does exactly what you expect on a flight. Lots of good things to say about the experience. And there's no "But". The seat configuration worked for me and the wife perfectly. It's 2 X 4 X 2 seating with me having the window and my wife had the aisle. Easy to get up and move around with this type of arrangement. Not sure about the 4 people sitting in the middle.

It's a 6 hour flight across the Pacific Ocean but it seemed to go quite quickly. Because of the prevailing winds the time back is only 5 hours. Boarding the plane was efficient and they did it by zones. Seemed to work just fine.

The food on the plane was free and that was a surprise because I didn't expect anything. Doesn't mean I appreciated the quality because I didn't. One bite and I was done - not good at all in my humble opinion. I personally would have paid to have a better meal but that was not an option.

The bathrooms take a beating on flights but it wasn't horrible. They seemed to have enough so that there was no waiting and that's always a good thing.

Here's my tip to make this review useful: get the Hawaiian credit card because it qualifies you to check a bag for free plus you will accumulate enough miles to get you a free flight in the future and the qualification is easy.

Hope you enjoyed this review. Please consider giving me a helpful vote. Mahalo

Date of travel: March 2020
1  Thank Fritz98045
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.