“Just an Ok Flight to and from Hawaii”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 15 March 2020

Flew round trip on HA from LAX. Purchased their more space seats. The seats have less legroom that jetBlue's Even More Legroom seats. Aircraft could have been cleaner. Flight attendants were not very friendly on the flight to Honolulu. Better on the return flight. The meal (warm sandwich) they provided was not great. While it was free, would have liked the opportunity to purchase something better. No options except snack items for sale. In flight entertainment options are pretty poor.

1  Thank wchoinski
Write a reviewReviews (7,619)

Reviewed 15 March 2020

I thought it was just a quirk when the cabin service for beverages and a small bag of crunchy things was skipped on our first leg of the round-trip between Honolulu and Los Angeles.

Now, if you would REALLY like something you have to go to the back of the plane and ask for it. The cabin help is alway cordial, but I think the general "saving" of the second run t through the cabin comes from a higher source.

The "dinner" is always a hot-pocket with a small bag of chips these days. Gone are the days of a real dinner plate...except of course--First Class.

Note we still rate HAL as "very good" but that is in comparison to their competition.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 15 March 2020

We wish we could fly this airline everywhere. The regular seats have plenty of legroom, even for my tall husband. The flight attendants are very attentative and helpful

Date of travel: February 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

This was my first time flying with Hawaiian and I was impressed as soon as I sat down! Their seats are wider than any airline I've been on. There's more legroom and the seats legitimately recline

The food service is beyond what I expected. The only time I've had food that even comes close to comparing to what they rolled out with is on a 9+ hour flight to London. I love that everything they served was from Hawaii too!

Date of travel: February 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020

I intentionally avoid HA because it is not a business friendly airline, they do not provide support to the business traveller as those of us that spend way too much time in aircraft. With the start of the COVID-19 the expectation is that all crew members will be doing their utmost for the customer experience. I took the non-stop from SAN back home to HNL and found that the FA staff was not concerned about service, just getting the meal completed and going back to the galley to talk story. Really disappointing considering the breakfast meal was inedible and the mid-flight snack in Business is a bag of Maui chips! Expect more, HA has a poor product.

1  Thank 671Diablo
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.