“Very Rude Service”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 28 November 2020

I fly with Hawaiian Airlines often. I was flying alone back home to Oahu. I boarded the plane with a carry on and a small duffel bag. When I got to my seat, I struggled to push my duffel bag onto the top of the plane (I am 4’9). I politely asked the flight attendant if she could help me put my carry on up. She was extremely rude and said “If you can’t put your own luggage up then you should not be flying”. There were other flight attendants looking at me aware of what is going on. They too did not bother to help me. The rude flight attendant then took my carry on and called people to grab it and remove it from the aircraft. At this point the entire plane knew what was going on. I am very unhappy with the service of Hawaiian Airlines, this is definitely not the “aloha service” they advertise. I will greatly consider taking my business to Southwest Airlines.

Date of travel: July 2020
1  Thank kyhi99
Write a reviewReviews (7,619)

Reviewed 28 November 2020

They emailed us and changed our flight to 2 DAYS earlier after we had time off from work booked, hotels, interisland flights and car rentals booked, some non refundable. We were forced to book a more expensive trip through another airline. Keep in mind Covid testing needs to be scheduled with the flight dates. I asked for a voucher to offset the difference and was told flight changes are part of the risk of booking with them and they don't offer compensation. So warning to anyone thinking about booking with Hawaiian Airlines expect to travel on their timeliness not yours.

Date of travel: November 2020
2  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed 19 November 2020

Best airline ever! They offer awesome service and the comfort on the flight was very suprisingly comfy compared to other airlines i've flown on

Date of travel: January 2020
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 18 November 2020

We did like the staff; friendly/polite without being that super fake overdone gushy kindness. The biggest issue is that it was a long flight so we bought inflatable footrest beds for our 2 small children to help them sleep, and apparently Hawaiian Air doesn’t allow them now? SO disappointing. Parents all of the flight were made to deflate and stow theirs. A poor mom flying alone with her 2 small kids looked so overwhelmed. We were told before that as long as it was in a window seat we could use them, so we were upset to now be told otherwise. It felt like we were getting targeted and our kids suffered because of it. So, sorry to everyone on my flight that had to hear my 1 year old sobbing. He was trying really hard to sleep, it was just too difficult to get comfortable.

Date of travel: November 2020
1  Thank leannsan
Reviewed 7 November 2020

This review is overdue. I just saw a bunch of ads for Hawaiian Airlines and reminded me about the one and only time I flew with them. I usually fly Southwest, but I flew Hawaiian Airlines with my mom, dad and husband in January 2019 from San Jose. They were the only airline at the time with direct flights from San Jose to Maui, and for a reasonable price. The check-in and flight were fine, but I really came here to vent: the flight was about a third or half empty. My mom and dad were sitting a few rows away from my husband and I. I asked the flight attendant if my husband and I could move seats to be behind them in one of many empty rows and they said no! Honestly, it was flabbergasting and I was really caught off guard by their lack of accommodation. The seats remained empty the entire flight. Now, Southwest now has direct flights from San Jose to Hawaii and obviously when there is a choice, it's easy to pick Southwest over Hawaiian any day.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Seat comfort
    • Legroom
1  Thank M199YLmeganr
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.