“Very confused...”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Long Beach is a very very small airport, so I came at 6:45 am for my 7:30 am flight. I had already printed my boarding pass and payed for my checked bag the day before, so all I had to do was drop my checked bag off at the front and go through TSA. Should take about 15 minutes, so that I have 30 minutes to spare at the gate. Or so I thought!!! She wouldn’t let me get on the flight because she “closed” the flight at 6:40 am. That made absolutely NO SENSE to me. But I guess come earlier than me folks.

Date of travel: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7,616)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was booking a ticket from Austin to Honolulu, no problem (except for the fact it doesn't allow you to add a lap infant online). I picked a fare so that I could make seat reservations along with my ticket, then at the very end was given the option to bundle a hotel. Saw a good price, decided to go for it. When I tried to add my lap infant over the phone, I learned that my ticket has been downgraded to Main Cabin Basic, so I lost my seat reservations (they actually do it via Expedia as if it was done directly by them). Worst of all though is that, given Hawaiian doesn't give the option to add lap infant to the reservation, now my hotel reservation cannot accommodate my lap infant for the same price. This is either really dum or really sleazy. If you want to look forward for a predictable vacation, this is not the place you want to do it. Did I tell you I had to wait 2 hours on the phone to cancel my reservation (because it cannot be done online)?

2  Thank felipes591
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Extremely disappointed in the lack of customer service from Hawaiian Airlines. As a family who has been loyal to this airline and using a Hawaiian Airlines credit card for years to travel back and forth to visit family between the islands - we will be switching to Southwest.

Get your policies in line with your customer needs and other airlines that run circles around you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Significant flight delays. They rescheduled the morning flight from 9 am departure to 7:30 am. Return flight arrived at 1 am when it was scheduled to arrive at 7 pm!!! It’s almost as if they don’t care about passenger safety esp if you’re solo traveling.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank rararap
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off the flight/crew/service was all good! However,,,we were ripped off by a travel agency posing as Hawaiian Airlines reservations and Hawaiian Air (HA) has been totally Non responsive in helping with the situation. My credit card company is hopefully going to resolve the bogus $1,933.00 charge. Here is what happened: We decided to extend our vacation one week while on Oahu and visit the Big Island. I had to make the change in reservations and tried doing the change on line, but changing flights online is not as easy as making a new reservation, so I called the number on HA web site for help. After hanging on hold for what seemed like an eternity, the call was finally answered by who I thought was a rep of HA. It turns out it was a third party reservation company called Airline Reservation Desk, out of LA. The guy was pleasant and helpful and got the reservation we needed. Please keep in mind this is last minuet, spring break,Covid times, so it was exorbitant and then he asked me to RESPONOD TO AN EMAIL THAT I AGREE with the changes. This sent bells off, I did not respond. He NEVER identified himself as a travel agent. The next day I tried multiple times to get a hold of HA, their phone reservations suck and when I finally got through, they would only say that I was in fact booked on the flights, but nothing about the extra cost. At the airport, I inquired at the ticket counter and was told the extra charge was fraudulent and I should deny the charge on my credit card. Which I have done and is still pending investigation. We flew home on March 26th. I have contacted HA customer service , via their site - no one will answer the phone, multiple times and nothing, nothing ,nothing from HA. So,,, if you are trying to make a res for HA (or likely other airlines) make sure you are really dealing with the airline and not some Rip off poser bilking you for thousands of extra BS fees.
Beware of AIRLINES RESERVATION DESK .COM

Date of travel: March 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank CAASequim
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.