“First Class A321 Neo Review”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 5 July 2022

The first class section to me is really a business class level of comfort. On a 5-hour flight, it's worth the upgrade still. With chronic back issues, I appreciated the legroom. I was in 6H. The USB ports weren't working to charge my phone but I had a Anker charger on me. They provide iPads for entertainment. The movie selections weren't great and I wasn't interested in re-watching TV shows.

The foot rest was at uncomfortable height but it wasn't until the return flight that I realized that they are actually adjustable! You have to push it all the way down first and then adjust it to the height you desire. That made them a little more useful since I'm of shorter stature. The seat recline was not impressive.

I didn't bother with breakfast on the flight to Oahu but the lunch on the return trip was good - curry cauliflower. The flight crew/staff were nice and I have no complaints about that.

These seats made the flight to and from Hawaii tolerable. I hate LAX and am willing to book these seats on this route again on my next trip to paradise.

Date of travel: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (7,817)

Reviewed 2 July 2022

I wanna say that being clients of hawaiian airline was the worsted experience ever!!!! Terrible experience on the website! Plus even more on the phone!
I will never get a ticket again andd I will make sure friends also wont! And I will make bad reviews in every place I could about this company!

We had a credit ticket flight and on rebooking it we had a terrible experience! Site goes on ERROR message! We lost money rebooking a ticket that was cheaper than my credit flight! And we had to pay more than the website rate doing it online for another rebook flight!

A huge disrespect!! A shame of company! Will never fly again!

Reviewed 2 July 2022

Worst customer service. Cancelled flight and no help. Keep being told they can’t do anything to help. Choose another airline. Hawaiian Airlines doesn’t care about you! Ruined our honeymoon.

1  Thank 68protouring
Reviewed 1 July 2022

Can't order special meals (vegetarian) for 11 hr domestic flight, only for international. We were told to bring our own snacks (food). During flight, flight attendant woke my husband up to return his seat back for the meal service that he wasn't eating. Then woke him up again to check his seat belt that was visibly buckled. An elderly woman asked for hot water 3 times from JFK to HNL. Each time she was told to get it herself from mid galley. I asked to purchase wine and was told there is none on the cart. On the return flight (HNL- JFK) 5hr delay due to engine issue. Pilots handled it beautifully... informative, attentive, apologetic... Again I witnessed a flight attendant telling a passenger to go get her own hot water and there is no wine on the cart. But overall, we got there and back safely.

1  Thank pualanir2022
Reviewed 20 June 2022 via mobile

I flew to HNL and back. During check in at JFK, the lady behind the counter was unfriendly. She didn't put the priority tags on my check in baggage [I was flying business] and when I pointed out she gave me a look. Then she said I had to take off the carrying strap from my bag because it would damage their equipment. I felt that was retribution. Hardly a good start on a trip to Hawaii. I thought this culture was known to be welcoming.

In Hawaii, the baggage took very long to come. Others have pointed this out too.

Lastly, they lost my baggage on my way back. OK, I understand this happens unfortunately. But for 5 days, nobody answered calls or text. I had no clue on what the status was of my lost baggage. If you call, you are on hold for over 1 hour. They did eventually find my baggage.

I think you are better off traveling on other established US airlines. At least standard customer service.

Date of travel: June 2022
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.