“Shambles airline 0/10”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

From my experience and in my personal opinion this airline is not only the worse airline I have ever encountered but also the worse company I have ever dealt with in any industry. The customer service is appalling. But worse than this, you better hope you don’t need to make a complaint as the process is excruciatingly painful. I was informed my complaint would be responded to in 21 days. Nearly 3 MONTHS later I do not have a response. They will not speak to me about it on the phone, their complaints department does not have an e-mail address. I have WRITTEN CONFIRMATION from the airline that their complaints department do not speak to customers on the telephone. The only way they will communicate with me is via FACEBOOK OR TWITTER MESSENGER - this is supposed to be a major international airline it’s an absolute joke. If you need to complain and don’t have social media accounts I wish you luck!! Further to this even when THEY ASKED ME to send supporting documents they wouldn’t give me an email address to send it to, instead they asked me to send them via Facebook messenger!! I have never ever come across such a shambles organisation like this and I would rather pay double and fly with someone else then fly with Iberia. 0/10.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Really a well run regional airline. Uses Bombadier aircraft, which is a smaller jet. Ours carried 100 passengers. Flight was only on hour long. Bus to and from the plane, in that they are too low to use the gangways. Really enjoyed the flight and look forward to using again. Partners with AA for you Advantage members.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

My partner and I have flown Iberia (or subsidiaries) ten times, all economy. The first was Washington Dulles to Madrid before 2013 because we could connect to Budapest with Malev (went belly up 2013) so it was long-haul Iberia proper, excellent service but mostly empty seats and that's what got Iberia into trouble until BA bought them and diverted most long-haul flights via Heathrow. The irony for us is we flew Iberia specifically to avoid Heathrow. Finnair is developing a similar pattern with BA.
In October 2015 we flew Iberia Express Madrid to Barcelona and everything was good, flight on time, used Iberia lounge in Madrid. October last year and again October 2017 we flew Iberia Budapest tp Madrid, 3 hours in their lounge which is good but limited food and drink options, then subsidiary Air Nostrum Madrid to Malaga, then one week later the exact reverse.
Iberia short haul (Budapest to Madrid is 3 hours) uses Airbus A319, 320 or 321 just like every other carrier with NO entertainment and they even make you pay for water. Not likely to go under financially but on the last flight I noticed no one bought anything.
Air Nostrum uses the CRJ 1000 which seats 100 in 25 rows of four A, C, D and F. They don't seem to be as concerned with on-time departure as big Iberia but the flight from Malaga to Madrid was scheduled 75 minutes and took 45 so who cares? If you are looking at close connections from Air Nostrum to another airline in Madrid including Iberia I would allow at least 90 minutes to get your baggage across, 2 hours if its not all within T4.
One thing we've noticed about all these flight is the staff seems very cheerful. Also if you can't snack before the flight and do buy food on-board its OK just expensive.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The personel working for this airlines is downright nasty!!! with the exception of one or two. Flight attendants seems to be out of training how to deal with the public. The airlines does not even provide adecuate accommodations. You have to pay for everything and even then, they are in short supply. The toilets are dirty and smell awful, seat arragements very tight. On friday Oct 13th,2017 in the morning their systems went down completely and no one knew what to do. Lines a half mile long, Missed my flights and have to seat for 8 hours for the next flights after handwriting tickets were given to pass security. No even an announcement or explanation to the public.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I went to the trouble of pre-booking and paying for seats on 4 flights with Iberia whilst in Spain. Didn't matter. They sat us anywhere they felt like and asking at check-in was ignored. We were stuck in the last row on opposite sides of the plain with another family of five all split up as well. We managed to get this sorted between us but totally amongst ourselves. We were non=Spanish and it is probably just a coincidence that the rear of the plane was made up of similar people. Legroom was cramped and there was no free drinks or snacks on the flight. It was all pay for stuff which is fine but most airlines at least offer tea and coffee. Airplanes looked tired and messy. Flight was OK though