“On time, very comfortable, great food and lovely service.”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 19 February 2018

This was our first time on JAL. We fly regularly to Australia, and wanted to have a change of stopover, rather than Singapore or Dubai, so stopped in Tokyo for three nights. I cannot recommend this enough. Tokyo was fantastic.
JAL business class was actually quite a bit cheaper than BA or Emirates, so we were nervous of what to expect. We were delighted with everything. Staff are delightful, the flights departed and arrived exactly on time. Business class seats were far better than both BA and Emirates. The food was fabulous, especially from Tokyo to Sydney.
JAL is definitely our preferred airline for London to Sydney, and we cannot wait to experience Kyoto on the way back.

2  Thank Bigal57
Write a ReviewReviews (4,709)

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Travelled business class Tokyo (Narita) to Australia (Sydney). Good business lounge, check (apart from the Australian slob in shorts & thongs); excellent on-board service, amenities & food, check. So why not 5/5? The seats: comfortable but surprisingly narrow (I'm 177cm & 78kg), sufficiently so as to make it difficult to sleep in my preferred position (no, not transversely !). Not a problem in a daylight flight but this was an overnight flight.

2  Thank mg788
Reviewed 18 February 2018

CA checked my name before offering a more relaxed seat, (Mr. so and so, would you like to have more room by moving from 27F to say 30B?). It helped not only me but also other people to enjoy more leg room and space. I was able to sleep almost flat ,using 3 seats.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I used the JAL to fly back to Vietnam twice last month in January, 2018. The first time was good and without any hicup. The second time was not so well. When we reached Tokyo, Japan, there was a snow that covered about less than 5 inches. Both the airport and the airline did not know what to do, and decided to cancel out more than 30 flight include the one I was on. I had to seat inside the plane from 6:00 PM to 3:30 AM. Next morning, there were more than 3000 people stranded at the airport, and the JAL did not provide any information, any rebooking information, and any accommodations to those 3000 people. Lots of them missed meetings, family emergency, business meetings, and even charity groups missed charity works. I was willing to purchase another ticket, but unfortunately, it was on Saturday and no tickets available. All other airlines also ran into same situation. There was not much communication between customers and the airline counters either. We were literally begging for information, communication, and tried to get on another flight by standing by options. It was a nightmare and was not a good experience at all.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I was startled with the food they served us!! I had to spit them out! So grossed! I love Japanese Food, but boy!!! What they served us - presentation wise was really good. The taste was awful! I had to asked the FA a bowl of Udon Noodles - that also wasn't good. I starved myself on that flight. My hubby didn't even eat at all - after he saw me making faces when I tried them food. No offense JAL. Just didn't like what you served us.