“Best Customer Service!!!!”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

After a long flight from SFO to Tokyo, my boyfriend and I were sure we were going to miss our connecting flight to New Chitose (20 minutes to clear customs, transfer bags, and make it to our new gate). This was the last flight of the night. Upon leaving the plane, a JAL agent was waiting for me and my boyfriend (with a printed sign with our names). She said she knew we had a tight connection and rushed us through customs, grabbed our bags for us, and her and a couple other agents helped us navigate to our connecting flight. They literally carried our bags and ran with us through the airport. In the US, not only would we have missed our flight, but our bags definitely would not have made it. This was hands down the most amazing customer service experience! Japan Airlines for the win!!

Date of travel: January 2019
2  Thank KatieS4512
Write a reviewReviews (9,106)

Reviewed 10 January 2019

Clean New Plane, nice comfortable seat. Amazing meal as good as any you would find at a great steak house. The service was exceptional, polite, quite and attentive at all times. Many other carriers could learn well from observing the JAL crew on this flight. Could not give them higher marks.

The only two downsides on this were, that in the Business class seat although it was comfortable the lie flat is on an angle -which makes it tough to sleep. And the Internet was not working the entire time—- spotty reception.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 10 January 2019 via mobile

Family of 4. Booked prem/ecom. PE seats same price as QF disc economy Syd to Nrt. PE seats excellent, heaps of leg room especially front row. Food same as economy. Rate JAL P/E best i’ve travelled

Date of travel: December 2018
1  Thank OllieOakey
Reviewed 7 January 2019

The only reason for giving four stars instead of five was that the plane felt ready for a refresh. The wear and tear on the seats and seating areas were apparent. So that said, I can't recommend the airline highly enough when it comes to service and quality. The air hosts were all absolutely amazingly attentive. Their dedication to ensuring that passengers had a comfortable flight was apparent from the moment we boarded until our departure and this was true on both our inbound and outgoing flight. A pal who travelled first class said it was superior in all respects. The food was light years better than the food I've experienced on other airlines, the bed was comfortable, the beverage selection was first rate and the flight was smooth and utterly painless. I arrived in Japan refreshed and ready to explore. I would absolutely recommend this airline and I would fly with them again in a heartbeat.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank halbermole
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

I couldn’t recommend Japan airlines any more highly. I flew with JAL from Melbourne to Tokyo, Tokyo to Sapporo and then in reverse
Excellent service, meals, entertainment and comfort

Date of travel: December 2018
1  Thank Steve W
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.