“A delightful flight”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 12 January 2019

Unbelievably good flight! What an unexpensive award ! It's amazing how travel in Asia carries great value and excelent service! This was a BA award . flew Economy Plus cabin . For a 3hour flight, perfect. Marvelous lounge service, great on board food terrific entertainment.

2  Thank amalzyner
Write a reviewReviews (9,115)

Reviewed 12 January 2019

Flew the family (4 of us) to Tokyo. I am very experienced international traveler (54 countries so far). Very spoiled as I usually flew business, but flew economy plus with the family from NY JFK to Tokyo and was very pleasantly surprised. I have back issues too but premium economy had lots of leg room and the seats were large and comfortable enough for this big American male. The food was good, but not great. So we traveled with some extra snacks. However, overall we found the service to be excellent - very professional and attentive. Was overall very pleased with the airline.

Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

In flight staffs treated my family and I very badly. I never imagined to experience something like this in my life. Worst flight of my life time, and My opinion JAL is worst Airline of all.

After took off my flight JL773 Narita to Melbourne 10/01/2019 one hour later my two years old daughter was trow up, we both were all cover with vomit. Staffs only helped us by bought us some wet towels, but I did have to clean everything myself. I used my dirty top to cover the seat which still dirty with vomit. I know my daughter throw up so did try to not bother much for help. But my top covered with vomit so had to ask if they have spare top and they helped me with one cardigan. I did offer to buy this cardigan but she said is was OK, and I did plan to ask if how she want us to return this top. However no one offer to help and ask how about us, treat us like it was your fault u better leave with it.

Then 2hours before landing, one Japaness Staff did come to ask my husband to return the cardigan because she need to do stock taking and want to make sure we return it. Then just 5 mins later another staff came to ask me to make sure we have to return the cardigan in 5mins! Really!!!, I never feel treated like this before, do u think we really need your logo cardigan that much!!!!! Do you really think we need to take it with us that bad, we did not want even wore it if my sweater was not full of vomit. All you care is the cardigan? What I going to wear? Have u ever care how well of my daughter? Have u ever came and ask how she feel? Why did she throw up? Not even once you came and ask how my family are doing alright? She is only 2!!! What you care is only the one cheap cardigan which have your logo on the chest, who want to ware that! We return your cardigan straight away. That show me enough if something ever happened JAL staffs will definitely worry about their belonging more than passengers. Sorry this matter also shows me enough about what is JAL airline main focus is and I will make sure will not travel with you again! Mark my word even we have free ticket I will not take it, that flight make me feel so bad, like I am a criminal try to steal your stuff. I did pay for nearly $16,000 for my family and all my staffs to travel with Japan Airlines and let me tell you worst decision ever. This trip is worst trip of my lifetime thank to you. And I will make sure i will pass this message to everyone I know to not use Japan Airlines again in the future. Because if accidents happen they will not care! No courtesy, no care, no customers service. Worst than budget airline. Food also bad. NOT and NEVER AGAIN!

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank chanunyak2019
Reviewed 11 January 2019

the seat is comfortable even for economy class. Cabin crew always stand by and look after passangers, even in the evening when most of people fall asleep. the minus is only there's no wifi.

Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

I was flying back after a ski accident in Club Med Sahoro which made it impossible to walk with no pain at my knee. With 2 children and a couple of luggages, my husband was struggling. A friend suggested asking for assistance from the airline. Right from the start at Obihiro, they took care of everything. All the crews were informed, connecting flight from Nareda was totally full but everyone from ground to flight did they best to make it easier and comfortable for me. We appreciate all the extra effort and they did it with so much pleasure that I felt bad being such a burden. When we arrived in Singapore, this experience was different. All the arrangement was made but somehow the ground crews gave me the feeling that it was grudging meant to be. The disparity in attitudes were so great that I can only accord the attention and assistance received from Japan sectors were truely exceptional. I am flying next week for work alone, still needing assistance to move around, let’s see if Singapore Airlines is as good as they claim. I will share again.

2  Thank ccgan
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.