“Amazingly helpful staff!”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 30 July 2021

While travelling back to the United States, I had a flight from Fukuoka to Tokyo Haneda, with a connecting international flight with American Airlines in Tokyo Narita. My flight was delayed by 80 minutes, which left me almost no time to be able to catch the shuttle from Haneda to Narita.

When we landed, I was paged to meet a representative on the jetway. She informed me that JAL knew I was in danger of missing my connecting flight due to their delay and escorted me directly to the baggage claim. However, when my baggage finally arrived, we had missed the last shuttle to get to my flight in Narita.

The representative then worked on an alternate method to get me to Narita, and 5 minutes later, they paid a taxi to drive me there (a 30,000 yen trip!), and I was able to catch my connecting flight instead of staying a night in Tokyo. They had also informed American Airlines of my delay, and I was expedited through the American Airlines ticket counter to make it to my flight as it was boarding.

The lengths JAL went to ensure I got to my next flight was above and beyond what I would have ever expected, and I know for sure I will never receive this level of customer service ever again. I wish I wasn't in such a hurry that I could properly show my deep gratitude to the staff.

Date of travel: July 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank jasonbU2872ET
Write a reviewReviews (9,106)

Reviewed 29 June 2021

They charged me $672 for extra baggage. There were less than 10 people in the flight, still extra charges. 2 bags of 23kg each are allowed, my bags were 29kg and 30kg. $672 is a lot. I requested but no help, not even 1 cent discount

1  Thank Journey479325
Reviewed 24 June 2021

I originally booked my flights through MyTrip (PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY). But unfortunately my flight got cancelled due to covid and I experienced the worst customer service with MyTrip. When I thought everything was lost I decided to call Jal (the operating airline of tickets) and they solved my problem on the same day. From now on I will directly book with the airline company and avoid such agencies. The customer service was also really friendly and patient.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank pri1113
Reviewed 22 June 2021 via mobile

My girlfriend and me booked two flight tickets from Melbourne to Germany 4 months before the supposed flight. Like.many other flights it got cancelled, already 2 months before the departure. 1. Not mytrip or japanairlines sent us any message that the flight got cancelled. We only find out by checking.it. In the end we did the whole refund process (paid extra.55$) and were calling them both 2 to three 3 times and japan airlines always said to us we have to talk to.mytrip despite the fact that japan airlines were the ones who canceled the flight. And mytrip.com gave us kind of the same answer. So both of the parties are not taking any responsibility and go against there own official guidelines they have written in their website. Mytrip said it take some time.to process the refund because of covid, but we applied for our refund over 3 months ago! This is bullying and abusive behaviour and calculating that people get tired to ask for their money back. But not with me. If someone trying to go against them into court, I am happy to.join.

Cheers,

Willi

Reviewed 7 June 2021

When my flight was cancelled due to Covid-19 flight restrictions - I received a courtesy call from JAL informing me of the cancellation and asking whether I'd like a full refund or credit. The refund was in my bank account within days.

I've flown a lot with JAL in the past and will stay loyal to them.

Date of travel: March 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.