“Worst customer service ever!! DO NOT USE!!!”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 18 November 2021

We booked a flight to Thailand through JAL for a trip in Dec 2021. JAL cancelled a connecting flight due to Covid, making the trip impossible, offered no alternative , so we requested a refund, just as they state on their website.
JAL refuses to respond after 2WEEKS of requests!!! This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. They take your money, do not provide the service promised, and just keep your money.
I will never fly JAL again!!! Worst company, no wonder they needed a government bailout.

Date of travel: November 2021
1  Thank Michael D
Write a reviewReviews (9,115)

Reviewed 16 November 2021

I cannot thank Japan airlines enough for flying me home during Covid. They are probably the only airline who didn’t cancel economy seats to prioritise first class. Their service was incredible and I would chose them over any other airline!

Date of travel: December 2020
Reviewed 6 November 2021

Hello I booked the ticket with American Airlines and selected my seats early on to ensure I had a comfortable flight. When the day came, I did not have the seats because the flight was being operated by Japan Airlines. They did not honor my choices and placed me by the bathroom on a 10+ hour flight in a half empty plane. One I did not appreciate being by a smelly and dirty bathroom especially in times of COVID. User beware do not book flights to Asia with American Airlines if they put you on a Japan Airlines flight odds are you will end up next to a filthy/smelly bathroom since you did not book through them to begin with. And yes it stunk the whole way. I am never buying a Japan Airlines ticket, I wasn't even given the option to pay for an upgrade.

Date of travel: October 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 27 September 2021

Extremely disappointed. JAL is only half of this disappointment. I booked my tickets through MyTrip and they just kept passing me around. JAL cancelled my inbound flights, less than 10days before I'm supposed to depart, with no alternative flights provided (while I clearly see other flights available online when I search). It's almost like they want you to cancel and get a refund so you're forced to purchase the more expensive fares.

The issue is still not resolved, but I ended up booking a one-way return which was more expensive than my entire ticket. I made sure I booked directly with the airline and NOT JAL. It takes at least 2hours to get to someone on the phone, and I made 3 phone calls to them. This isn't the first time I booked through an online travel agency with cancelled flights but this is the first time I've had this issue.

Book this airline at your own risk. If something goes wrong, you're on your own and you're basically throwing your money away unless you buy the refundable fares. Good luck. I'd stay away from this airline if I were you.

Date of travel: September 2021
Reviewed 8 September 2021

Had a wonderful experience on JAL flying a 787 in Premium Economy. First having Sakura Lounge access was wonderful for my 4 hour lay over. Next the flight attendant service was exceptional. Premiums economy seats are fantastic. Food and beverages are wonderful. Again the service is great! I hope to fly JAL again sooner than later.

Date of travel: September 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.