“It was a very comfortable and taken care of. The flight crew were excellent.”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 27 May 2021

We flew KLM from Calgary to Amsterdam on our way to a trip to Turkey in 2015.
We were very much treated very well. The inflight dinner and breakfast were good quality and served gracioully. Thanks You don't have 2015 in the field where it says when did you travel.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank shameemh2021
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social_Media_Agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Thank you for your kind words, we hope to welcome you on board very soon.

Write a reviewReviews (31,377)

Reviewed 27 May 2021

First KLM cancelled my flight and charged me a fee for re-booking. Then cancelled my 2nd flight and held the money. It has been over a year now since they promised to refund in full. Travel agent submitted request to refund via BSP link. No action followed. On the phone they keep telling me it’s being processed and I just have to be patient. Every time the refund due date gets pushed further and further. Customer care agents give inconsistent answers. It’s like talking to children, I swear. They don’t know where to look and ask you to repeat the same information over and over again. Then they conduct investigation for months and give an automated generic response not substantiated by any facts. This is really frustrating. They charged my account directly but cannot refund me directly. Ok, I get that, then what is the issue with processing refund to the Travel Agent? I don’t believe this is the first time they have to issue a refund but it feels like they don’t have a process in place and they just keep buying time and pushing responsibilities on others. Horrible service, horrible way to treat a client who had been loyal for years, absolutely unacceptable and illegal actions towards holding someone’s money and failing to provide service.
I’m sending this to BBB and reaching out to everyone who had authority to rectify this.

3  Thank Escape232169
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. To further assist you, I kindly invite you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) and provide your booking information via a private message so that proper attention may be given to this. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Horrible customer service!! on the 25 of May I had a flight to KGL on which my ticket said I was confirmed and when I got to the gate they said I was never on the flight. They sent me to T6 at the schiphol airport where they took sooo long to help me even when I told them my flight was ending boarding in 30 min, the lady that ended up taking barely even felt like doing so !!! I ended up missing my flight and here’s the worst part... When I went back to T6 to ask for alternatives to go to KGL they didn’t tell me ALL my options and on top of that they never found my luggage!!!They said my other options would be if I could arrive on Friday (2DAYS LATER WITH NO ACCOMMODATION) 2 days later meaning I would have to get another COVID TEST and I would go by either Kenya airways or KLM.Thankfully I called my initial agent who told me THERE WAS ANOTHER OPTION TO LEAVE WITH QATAR 3 HOURS LATER. When I went back to T6 I asked if they could put me on Qatar and they said they would deny my covid test which was ANOTHER LIE. My initial agent booked me on Qatar for that flight 3 hours later and their agents were SO MUCH NICER!! Not only did they mention that my covid PCR test was still valid but they also said they could find my luggage that KLM had lost and they could bring in onto their flight. Literally 20min later I had all my boarding passes with Qatar and my luggage was on the plane ready to leave with me !! Moral of of the story, KLM’s customer service is horrible and barely wants to help. Qatar just got a new loyal customer, safe to say I will never board another KLM flight in my life!

Date of travel: May 2021
2  Thank 77yanm
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media Agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

I'm very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. Please know that Qatar is not a KLM partner, and therefor we would not be able to rebook you to this flight. Furthermore, Schiphol is not a part of KLM, so I advice you to share your feedback with them as well.
Regarding your journey I would advice you to contact my colleagues at Customer Care. They will be able to look at your specific situation and handle accordingly.

Reviewed 26 May 2021

We paid for a window seat and a middle seat. When we boarded there was someone in our window seat. I said I’m sorry I think your in our seat. He pointed to the seat letters. I know I booked the window seat like I always do. Also there was no room in the compartment above our seats. We accepted the aisle and middle seat but I was mad knowing we booked the window seat. It’s an 8 hour flight. It turns out they switched the A & C seat labels above the seats so one of there pilots could have the window seat. I figured this out at the end of the flight when I looked at the letters in the row ahead of us. He also took up the entire compartment with his bags. If I reserve my seat I want it! I won’t fly on your airline again unless I have no choice!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank mullinix113

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. To further assist you, I kindly invite you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) and provide your booking information so that proper attention may be given to this. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

I booked a KLM flight with a travel agent.
The flight was canceled.
The travel agent asked KLM for a refund and they refused and issued a voucher instead.
I contacted KLM’s customer support and they told me that only the travel agent can ask for a refund.
The travel agent said that they refuse.
Each side passes the responsibility to the other one, and my money is still with KLM.

This is one of the worst experiences I had with any service provider.
I feel hopeless.
I will never fly again with KLM and wouldn’t recommend anyone to do that unless they are willing to take the risk that the flight will be canceled and their money won’t be returned.

Date of travel: May 2021
1  Thank giladi84

Thank you for sharing your experience here in Trip Advisor. As cancellations are unavoidable at times due to a myriad of possible factors, these are never intentional as to cause you or any of our passengers any inconvenience. In any case, however, our primary consideration will always be your safety.

However, I cannot interfere with the decisions made by our Refunds department but for further clarifications you can always reach to your travel agent or my colleagues through our social media channels (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp). You can provide them the link of our discussion here in Trip Advisor.

Nevertheless, I extend my apologies for any inconvenience this experience has caused you. Thank you and safe travels.

© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.