“Hideous service”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We were booked from SFO Frankfort to Basel. The second flight was cancelled just before we headed to the airport. Lufthansa did not have any provisions to book new flights online, and did not answer any of their phone lines. We were On a hard deadline to join a cruise ship. With zero help from Lufthansa who had basically no customer service stations open in Frankfort, we finally cut in line at a First Class desk and were told to go find a train, and forget locating our baggage in less than three hours. We Spent hours waiting on freezing open train stations for a train that never came, finally a nice German told us to take a circuitous route through Mannheim or we would still be there. Arrived at our destination 8 hours later, luggage wasn’t delivered until five days past that. Disgusted with their lack of service, their terrible website. Transatlantic flight was okay but boarding was a ridiculous mess, flight left more than 45 minutes late, loading was completely disorganized. I have never seen an airline run this badly and we fly a lot. Seats were cramped, in seat entertainment systems didn’t work, touch screens were broken. We had tried to upgrade but were unable to obtain premium economy seats. It will be a cold day in hell before we fly Lufthansa again.

Write a ReviewReviews (16,595)

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Had long flight from frankfurt to kansai

Frankfurt airport is also not so good not many varieties of restaurant available at or near Z gates

flight was little old but clean and well maintained
selected seat near to kitchen but still was quiet and not at all disturbing

food was of indian taste as i am vegetarian and was superb in taste but other service can become more better like in between there was nothing suitable available to eat

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Very happy with our decision to upgrade to premium economy class for the return leg of our vacation. Seats were roomy, adjustable with footrests for short statured one (me). The meals, snacks, and beverages were tasty and generous. The crew were delightful, pleasant, and friendly the entire flight. Ample time to watch two movies I had missed in the theater. Before landing, we were instructed to retrieve our luggage, go through customs, and recheck our bags through to Minneapolis. This was a confusing process, unrelated to the airline.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

While there were other airlines flying to Saudi Arabia, I am glad that I selected Lufthansa. Everyone from the flight crew to the people behind the check-in counters could not have been more helpful. I left my glasses on the flight home but they were extremely helpful and my glasses were returned. In all reality I had basically written off the idea of ever getting them back. I would definitely recommend this airline if flying to Europe or beyond.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 14 December 2017

This flight was much cheaper than KLM Airfrance or British. Seats were a little tight but that is not new this days. Flight attendants kept coming by to check on passengers. Good German beer and wine was included with the meals. Easy flight and even got to my connection a little early.