“600000 miles and no major problems”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 20 February 2018

For me the only problem with Lufthansa is the tendency to book short stop transfers in Frankfurt or Munich. The run from Terminal A to D is never a good experience. Other than this it is a great airline to fly with, both responsive to passenger needs and welcoming aboard.

I have variously travelled in business, premium and regular economy, on the long haul flights they have reasonable food, a good selection of drinks, good selection of current movies and now internet.

Generally they are a little more pricey than most airlines, but they get you there unlike some others I could mention

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (21,066)

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Flight was adequate & efficient, and lounge was good.

However, call center knowledge and efficiency was patchy. I was traveling on a Star alliance round-the-world ticket, and had to make several date changes to my ticket. The LH call center you get when calling from Europe (in South Africa) had no idea how to handle this and couldn't even give me a correct number for someone who could, whereas the call centers for Asia (Shanghai) and the US are fully on top of it. In the end it took almost two hours, partly on an international non-toll-free call to Germany (in fairness, the reservations desk in Germany is very competent and efficient), to make a simple date change.

As Lufthansa is the round-the-world specialist for the Star Alliance (they are the airline which will issue the ticket if you book through the Star Alliance website), they should ensure that all their call centers are competent to handle these tickets.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I was quite exciting to be on a A380 again after my first experience with Thai Airways a few years back, and seeing all the ads and everything kind of raised my expectations.

Minus points:
1. the fact that you cannot choose your seat in advance for free (unless you are senator level or so). So, one has to wait until online check-in opens, then gets to select preferred seat free of charge.

2. baggage allowance is only 23kg.

Check-in:
the online check-in system and the mobile application is really easy to use and did not have any issues. Also, dropping baggage off at the airport was quick.

Boarding:
flying with a huge plane means there will be a lot of people, so it felt like boarding took ages! and on the way back to BKK from FRA, they let passengers go through automatic gates, which took even longer than usual because the machine did not always work

Seat & inflight entertainment:
the most disappointing part of flying on LH newest A380 fleet was probably the seat. I am about 165cm tall and I felt I barely had any space. My fellow passenger felt the same way. I had much more space on B773 of other airlines.

The personal screen was small. The selection of entertainment was ok, but since the screen was a bit small and I did not have much distance between me and the screen while the person in front of me was lying down, I gave up on watching movies.

Meals:
I didn't order special meals this time and was getting just the normal meals, which were ok.

Overall service:
I think it was ok. It was also fun to observe that the crew would address every "western looking" passengers with German (even though that poor guy was Irish and spoke no work of German) and address me in English (even though I spoke German to them). They also forgot to serve vegetarian meal to my fellow passenger on the same row

All in all it was OK, but next time I would probably consider a different airline.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I occasionally use this airline on business, as it is too expensive to fly it with the family on leisure :) The air-crafts always seem to be in great condition. Cabin is neat. Crew is always very professional. On the other hand, speaking about the service, food and beverages - nothing too special, if you compare with Qatar, or even Turkish airlines. It's always great to fly with them. Congrats on the 5 stars from Skytrax !

Reviewed 20 February 2018

im flying with lufthansa for the last 6 years. Is a relaible company with decent airplanes.
As long as the segment is operated by Lufthansa is a relaible flight but if you have to run with SAS ( which is a part of Star Alliance) well expect delays. For that dont have close connections less than 40 minutes in Frankfurt, Oslo or Copenhagen.