“Total shambles”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Sitting on the plane waiting for take off for about an hour (early morning) Suddenly the engine failed, Dumped out of plane and after an hour got our baggage...… No Help/ Support. We paid extra for luggage (Lost that) I kicked off and eventually we were sent to another Airport to wait 9 Hrs for a different plane.. We got our luggage back (Damaged of course) Our new flight was with Quatar air and they were amazing, polite and helpful in calming everyone down and feeding us. Lufthansa is crap and will not fly with them again if possible.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (21,946)

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

What a horrible company to deal with. They have lost my luggage and after 14 hours they have only been able to email me a claim #. If you want to talk to someone you have to call a 1-900 # and pay to talk to them. How ridiculous is this. Lufthansa You have not idea what customer service is!! I will never fly with you again. Travelers do not use this airline!!!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Our day flight out to Vancouver was OK but our return flight was very uncomfortable. We left Vancouver at approx. 2 o'clock in the afternoon in Economy class. The gentleman in front of my husband fully reclined his seat which greatly restricted my husband's space and movement (perhaps there should be a limit on how far back one can recline without obstructing the person behind?). The weather was excellent and, of course, bright sunshine at 36,000+ feet. We were to fly in sunlight all the way to Frankfurt due to passing through different time zones but, body-clock wise, during our Canadian time night hours, and would have expected people to wish to sleep at, say, 10 p.m. However, at 4 p.m. the crew told all passengers to lower the window shutters, plunging the whole plane into darkness apart from the individual spotlights. When we queried this (we don't normally go to bed at 4 p.m.!) we were told that some passengers wanted to sleep. Replying that we ourselves didn't want to sleep at 4 p.m. and there were probably others who didn't, we were told that we'd have to face complaints from other passengers if we kept the shutters open. The crew were "politely" insistent and so we complied. The result was a flight of, by then, 9 hours out of a total of 11, in what I can only describe as a "flying coffin" - dark and claustrophobic. The transfer flight down to Athens was a "normal" one but I'm afraid Lufthansa have lost our custom. My husband has contacted the airline, asking why crew said that shutters should be closed at 4 p.m. in the afternoon, rather than the normal average bedtime of, say, 10 p.m. We await their reply.

1  Thank jeanmertzanakis
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Generally, I'm pretty happy with Lufthansa. We use them to fly everywhere. This was a short flight, so there was little service, but everyone was nice.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I flew with Lufthansa in June 2018 from Turkey to US and as expected I was very satisfied with the flight, service and especially the on-time arrival. The plane from our stop-over airport Munich to Boston was a brand new Airbus with several upgrades. I definitely recommend Lufthansa.