“You get what you pay for”
Review of Norwegian

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

They advertise themselves a budget airline and you get what you pay for. No frills travel and for a great price. Would recommend to others looking for a cheaper way to fly.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,373)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have experienced my share of airline hiccups, but my experience with Norwegian is a new low. Flight cancelled about three hours before departure. The agent on the phone was completely unable or unwilling to help: “Our system does not allow changes.” That’s one interesting reservations system. The only advice offered was to have our travel agent apply for a refund. Eventually, the agent conceded that she could book an entirely new ticket, with the usual $25 over-the-phone booking fee. How kind. That’s when we learned all flights on the day were full. SAS was also completely booked, but at least they recommended we travel by train, which we did.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well our flight out there was 2hrs late which puts a downer on things beforehand.

But to be fair to them they did give us a £9 food voucher each for us in any shop which was something.

The flight however wasn't the greatest seemed like an old monarch plane that had been re-branded.

Wasn't the smoothest of flights either really and the landings were on the rough side,

Also the TUI rep on the coach to Alicante told us the wrong check in desks to go then we had to queue up again for about half an hour longer...

I'd use them again but wasn't overly impressed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Check-in at the airport went pretty fast, albeit one of the check-in ladies apparently didn't have her day...cabin luggage was denied because of an overweight of 2 kg in total for 2 person's. Not saying that's against the rule but if you see her colleagues (and being able to see the scales) accepting far more, it was a bit of a bummer, especially the way this was communicated in a not very customer dedicated way. Obviously we went to the toilets, changed clothes and tried again, no problems encountered anymore.

Customs and security checks were as you would expect them to be in the US. Flight overall was fine, cabin was clean. Flying with the latest 787 we were confronted with a very cold micro-climate around row 28. Asked the crew to see if we could increase temp a bit but the gentleman simply, a bit rude informed us, no way, they were not able to influence at all... and the comment we received was: "if you're cold' buy a blanket in our on-board shop............Quite strange as on the way to NYC, temp was amended as well... anyway, there's the negative point on our flights... attendants seem to not really have a customer focused mind-set (except the lady taking care of the exit near row 28 A).... Of course this may sound a non-issue for a lot of travellers who just want to fly cheap but for me it's definitely something important. If I'm comparing the overall price I paid per person (yes initial price is low but after seat reservation, meals CC costs etc it's not that low anymore) then the overall price is the same as the flight with for example KLM where the cabin crew for sure knows how to take care of paying customers...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had no idea that some of the planes do not allow for seats to recline, not even an inch. I can see maybe on a short flight somewhere but this was over 6 hours and it made the flight unbearable at times. We left at 9 pm and had planned on trying to get a few hours of sleep before getting to Dublin but it was very hard to do with no reclining at all. The crew were ok, some of the flight attendants were very uptight about weird things like, I couldn't keep my hoodie with me while taking off but they didn't say anything to my husband. Was just weird. The food was what you would expect from airline food and it served it's purpose. The flight back from Dublin was much better and the seats did recline. I will fly again because of the convenience to where we live and the price is definitely fair but I felt the need to put this out there.