“Graveyard flight from Melbourne”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Booked Emirates but placed on Qantas flight, left 11:30pm arrives 5:10am. Terrible experience, small seats which are too close to seats in front. I had a person recline in front so got the entertainment screen right in my face. It wasn't a problem for long as it failed to work after awhile. The flight crew brushed me off about fixing it. I couldn't move seats as flight full, so had no entertainment apart from the screaming child behind me for half the flight. Admitting that wasn't really a Qantas problem but a child kicking your seat and screaming for two hours isn't pleasant. My full price ticket also got me one small bottle of water, a muesli nut bar and two small bags of chocolate candy coated lollies for dinner or breakfast??? Yuck. Before landing we got a horrid orange cordial drink. Sugar plus. Sorry Qantas you need to do better especially if you are backing up Emirates. It was like from from the sublime to the ridiculous

2  Thank getdihere
Write a ReviewReviews (7,886)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My third time on QANTAS And I have sadly to conclude that I still have to meet a polite member of staff without an attitude problem. Food, seats and entertainment is very good...but the human capital is like a tired kangaroo.

1  Thank Thomas T
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This 40 minute flight was delayed by 5 hours. We were boarded and deplaned 3 times. The first time was half way through boarding due to a technical problem. After reboarding we sat for over 2 hours while the ground staff and Qantas link struggled to reconcile the passenger manifest with the number of passengers on board. It was only when a passenger suggested to the captain that we got off and reboarded that something happened. We were issued with new boarding and reboarded. For some inexplicable reason some passengers were given different seat. Chaos ensued! Once this fiasco had been resolved we were again asked to deplane because of another technical problem.
To add insult to an already unacceptable situation Qantas issued a letter of apology blaming the whole thing on a technical problem. How patronising and insulting was this!

However, the cabin crew behaved very professionally in an excruciatingly embarrassing situation for them.

1  Thank bjbirdie2015
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Somehow the airline has decided its customers weren't worth the ordinary food they were given. They went on to reduce the quality and quantity of thefood altogether. We flew from Sydney to Haneda , 9 hour trip, and for DINNER we were served a small box of vegetarian noodles. By small I mean 2"x3"x2" small! Tiny! I'll try others. Heard Japan Airline is coming.

1  Thank Deja C
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Qantas is nice. Again not as good as Emirates, however much better than a lot of other airlines. Traveled recently from Perth to Melbourne, then from Melbourne to Sydney and again Sydney to Adelaide. All flights were fine. I had ordered halal meal which was provided to me. Checkin and boarding was fine. Overall experience was nice.