“Looking tired”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 24 February 2018

The flight was relatively empty and business class was only 50% full. My first impression was that the plane looked dated and small. Seats in Business are not much to brag about, tiny leg room and not that comfortable. The staff was quite friendly however they ran out of choice of meals, how do you do that with only 6 people! Grateful it was only a 6 hour flight. Although Business wasn't overly expensive I don't believe it is worth the cost from Economy especially for 6 hours.

1  Thank Gary L
Write a ReviewReviews (11,819)

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I have been a loyal traveller with QANTAS however I do question why sometimes.
After we boarded, we took off and then we got turned around due AC problems.
Five hours later we were finally on our way, we got no food and the best they could give us was drinks and crackers. We missed our connecting flight, QANTAS put us in a motel with no food or drinks. At the airport they offered no apology.
I wrote to them when I got back but yet again it fell on deaf ears.
QANTAS are definitely lagging behind the rest of the major airlines.

1  Thank Gary L
Reviewed 24 February 2018

We had to book Qantas business class as there were no seats available in economy.
We were returning from Hobart to Melbourne and then onto Newcastle.
We went through business check in, waited in the Qantas business class lounge at Hobart while we waited for our flight. We boarded first. Sat in the front row and once we had strapped in, a steward came along with sparkling mineral water or cranberry juice.
One we were airbourne, they served us a meal. I had pork fillet. Because we were on buisness class, our checked luggage jumped from 20kg to 40kgs.
This baggage limit was carried on when we flew economy from Melbourne to Newcastle.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

They treated me like royalty. I flew AA to Dallas then Qantas to Sydney. The business class seats convert to a comfortable bed. It is worth the extra expense to get a good nights rest on a 14 or 15 hour plane ride. When I retired I decided to go at least business class on every flight I take I like to be pampered and Qantas does that for the business class.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We have been loyal Qantas customers for many years, despite of tickets for Qantas flights were not cheap comparing to many other airlines. The recent in-flight travel experiences suggest that we perhaps should look for other airlines next time traveling to and from Europe.
Particularly from Dubai to Sydney, we were on a full flight. The plane was old, services slack and food were ... edible, of course. Comparing to our last long haul flight experience with Qantas in October 2014, we were rather disappointed. We took a few Qantas flights to Japan in the past 3 years, because the distance was much shorter, it didn’t have much impact. But for a long haul flight, inflight entertainment, food and services would make a big difference for economy class travellers.

1  Thank 0hThePlacesYouWillGo