“QANTAS Dreamliner to New York”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 15 October 2018

This flight was a first for us in two ways. First flight in Premium Economy and first flight in the Dreamliner. We had seats 22E & 22F from Brisbane to Los Angeles (nearly 13 hours) with ample room and an interesting footrest and net. A delicious lunch and drinks were served with white tablecloths. Snacks and drinks were readily available thorough out the flight.
The entertainment system with noise-cancelling headphones was very good indeed. Many films and music tracks wiled away the hours. Qantas staff addressed you by your name using iPads and were very attentive.
The only criticism I have is the bulky seat belts which I am told contain an air-bag. This seat belt makes for an uncomfortable time when your tray is used during the meal service. There is very little room between yourself and the tray.
There was a mad scramble at LAX through Customs and Boarder Control to catch the connecting QANTAS Flight to New York. There is no time to relax in the QANTAS Lounge even though we have a 2 hour stopover??
The flight LAX to New York we were seated in 22J & 22K with a window seat. Very nice. Another 5 hours of comfort and good service. It was a daylight flight all the way to New York. Departed Brsibane at 10.30am and arrived 4.20pm the same day in New York. I shall use QANTAS Premium Economy for future overseas travel.

2  Thank Bevin I
Write a ReviewReviews (14,816)

Reviewed 15 October 2018

This A332 jet was so cramped, my knees could only clear the seat in front if I jammed my bum hard back in my seat. I'm only slim and 180cm tall so arguably average. This particular plane was so noisy I'd thoroughly recommend noise cancelling ear plugs/phones. Service was mediocre with staff attitude ok but nothing special. In future I would be much more choosy which air line jet I fly with.

Date of travel: October 2018
2  Thank harrystrasser
Reviewed 15 October 2018

What a trip so wonderful, it spoils you all the way from the check in to the check out you feel special. Staff were just wonderful and attentive. Enjoyed all the trimmings offered but the sleeping was the best, laying out flat all the way is the best way to go. Trouble is it spoils you for all the next trips when you want the best. Qantas is the way to go and I love it.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I had steered away from Qantas International a few years back, service was lacking overall , late flights , staff seemed not interested on the ground and in the air, I must say what a change I have noticed in the last 12 months or so , very refreshing I have pooled all of my recent international/domestic travel with Qantas , now back to Platinum, lounges have improved, staff are more attentive, meals on flights are a higher quality and most flights are on time or early, upgrades offered even when not asked for, I usually do over 200 flights a year, 30 to 40 International that are now all back with Qantas, keep up the good work, I look forward to the next flight,

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Worst flight of my hole life! I am 1,82 m high (not the tallest person at all) and i had no space with my legs. My knees always touched the seat in front of me and at the moment the person in front of me went back with his seat, it was over! The entertainment was bad. Handfull of films, and there was just one that deserves to be in a cinema. All series just had 3 episodes. And there was just english and chinese available.

Date of travel: October 2018