“Good flight Fair price”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

HAD issues with seating as did a few other couples ( split up seating ) but was sorted , in flight tv but on tiny screens , quite cramped , but food was quite nice & flight was good and slightly early !!!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,417)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely one of the best flights I have ever had, I slept for 9 hours! Australian sparkling wine as soon as I arrived at my seat and non stop friendly service until we landed. At "bedtime" we were offered a chamomile tea and before breakfast, we were offered an lovely shot of a natural fruit energizer drink. Food was great, the cabin was quiet, private and cozy, and the crew was amazing. I usually fly Air Canada to Melbourne a few times a year, but I'm willing to fly YVR/SFO/MEL/SFO/YVR on Qantas instead of Air Canada's direct flight because Qantas was so much better. The only criticism I have is I didn't like the net footrest, I prefer a regular footrest.

1  Thank Wet_Coast1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was an excellent flight, left on time, arrived earlier than expected. Lovely lunch of braised lamb and vegetables with wine white or red. Friendly air hostesses. Word of advice, download the qantas entertainment app so you can watch movies. I didn’t give it 5 stars because the wait for the luggage was very long, they stuck 4 flights arriving on the same carousel. Long queues.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our flight was late boarding by about an hour due to the late arrival and medical emergency. We were boarded eventually which took ages. There was no room to turn around so had to go to sit down sideways. The tray table was dirty. There was not much room for arm space and my husband keep digging me in my ribs with his elbow. The meal was average. We arrived in Christchurch over an hour late after midnight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is about both flights, Dallas to Sydney and back, 3 weeks apart. This was my 6th trip to Australia, but the first on Qantas' Airbus380, and first trying premium economy. Which is remarkably better than economy, at twice the price. While there are some cute amenities, like cloth tablecloths over your tray, mostly what you are getting is more width and more legroom. With the flight almost 18 hours, money well spent if you have it.

That said, when the person in front of you reclines, there is precious little room to get in and out, very tight. Also my husband's flight entertainment station was broken. The steward tried to fix it but failed. That was sad. He slept a lot.

The most amazing thing was the luggage was not put on in Dallas, on purpose, because the weight was too much for the winds that night. 3 pallets of 50 bags each were left in Dallas, and included all 3 of our bags. We were not staying in Sydney, but going 3 hours south of there, then the next day heading 2 hours north of Sydney for a wedding. The most inexcusable part was Qantas did not communicate, and refused to tell us the next day if our bags had arrived on that night's flight nor would they give any timeline as to when they would tell us. So, with no wedding clothes, and going way out of our way, we stopped by the airport and were shown a room with many many bags. All 3 of ours were there.

Despite this, though one should know they have that option going in, it was a nice flight both ways, nice staff and we did get there and back on time.

Date of travel: October 2018