“Shocking profiteering from peoples distress!”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 31 March 2020

Disgusting! This airline is clearly profiteering from peoples unavoidable distress. I had a business class return ticket booked to Adelaide from Paris for early July and they happily said they won't charge a change fee however they will charge me $1990 to change the ticket to fly into Melbourne instead as THEY HAVE CANCELLED ALL FLIGHTS TO ADELAIDE. Nothing to do with me all to do with them cancelling the route I was originally booked on and I have to pay for my own flight from Melbourne to Adelaide. There were plenty of seats as I had the option to fly out of Paris $2400 extra, or Frankfurt $2400 extra. Absolutely shameful behaviour in a time of great stress for almost all travellers.
Update: So it gets worse! On transit in Doha, I asked if I could get to Australia before the quarantine lockdown began on the 28th of March after initially being told there was no flight getting me in before. I was offered a Perth flight that got me in before lockdown and I accepted only to be told I would be paying ANOTHER $2000. Take it or leave it no negotiation. Over a barrel again, and they took full advantage. Both Copenhagen - Doha and Doha - Perth were virtually empty so they couldn't argue the flights were near full hence the price gauge! Shameful! I will never fly this airline again.

5  Thank Z4457TVpauls
Write a reviewReviews (31,870)

Reviewed 30 March 2020

Qatar keeps on changing their flights to often to make it real uncomfortable thinking about the return when on holiday! Not a good feeling and not very professional behavior! Terrible food on bourd on top of that...

1  Thank 237StefanO
Reviewed 30 March 2020

Booked to travel with Qatar but our flight was part cancelled and we were unable to travel anyway to to CV-19 outbreak.

We had 3 other flights booked with British Airways, Virgin Australia and Air New Zealand as part of the same trip. It was difficult to contact these airlines due to the circumstances but Qatar was by a million miles the absolute worst. It wasn't difficult to contact Qatar but IMPOSSIBLE! Made over 50 calls and sometimes they just rang out. The rest of the time you wait on hold for ages and then the line cuts out (their end)

you can fill in a form online to request a voucher to change your flight but in doing so you then just get an automated email pointing you to fill out the same online request form you have filled or call one of the numbers that you cannot get through on despite dozens of attempts and HOURS on hold.

Will NEVER book with this airline again. They don't deserve anyones business.

5  Thank Sophiesive
Reviewed 30 March 2020

I was generally very satisfied about flying with Qatar Airways. But in this review I want to stress out two positive points, that were above my expectations. Firstly, when arriving to Kathmandu airport, the weather was perfect with all the Himalayan mountain chain greatly visible in front of us. At this moment, the pilots actually made two rounds with our plane, presumably just to let the passengers admire that lovely view before landing. Secondly, I am grateful that on the way back from Kathmandu when the corona virus was already a big issue across almost whole world, the Qatar airways realized their ordinary flights as long as it was allowed, being +- on time even in such a complicated conditions.

1  Thank Honza F
Reviewed 30 March 2020

Airlines/airports closing and the world seemingly ending.Along with many others I was let down by Cathay/Sing/Etihad/Qantas.Lots of people sold tickets by profiteering airlines.
I flew economy on a no seat to spare refurbished Qatar A380, filled with others whose seemingly last chance to get back home from Aus or to go and care for loved ones O/S had gone.Many had had flights o/b cancelled, been told that there was no refund by the 4 airlines mentioned “ because there is a pandemic and no one is forcing you to fly, those words or similar to pregnant parents and elderly customers.
Qatar airlines amazingly efficient and helpful check in seemed along with all of their smiles and help actually had such a positive effect on a very stressed group of ‘virtual evacuees’ that it’s not just good training by the airline,though undoubtedly there must be as I am a regular Econ/ buss flier on the’big 4’.Its my first time flying with them and through all the craziness in the world at the moment, from the Ground staff to Crew Chanel,Ekaterina,Sabina+prachi who kept their whole section of a very busy flight with a mix of people from new parents to passengers who needed( and got with smiles and good grace and humanity) Fed, watered, blankets, snacks seemed almost to be prescient in attending to call buttons and auctioning requests immediate and effectively but kept the cabin, seats and most importantly bathrooms spotless, whilst attending to their own and passengers hygiene and woes they where giving some very frayed young parents time to rest while entertaining and you could see it came not from just an amazing commitment to customer service but from a humanitarian personnel that Qatar airline seems to be able to find in their staff and keep them working for them. “During WW2” the phrase “Keep calm and carry on” could have been made especially for them ,only it does not convey their kindness,caring compassion and outstanding customer service.
I transferred through Doha and had bought an upgrade To MAN QR027again the beautiful food,selection of drinks, and facilities their business class lounge literally is the best one I have seen in in years, and with again amazing staff who showed not only just superb customer service but a selflessness that even though many of them face a very uncertain future, I believe is unsurpassed by any airline I have flown with in the past 15 years.the business suites with lockable doors definitely surpass my last first class flight with Singapore.The menu was superb and available on demand.The warm greetings from all the staff and cold excellent champagne would obviously have taken any business I would ever give to those airlines previously mentioned but again,I have to mention that the staff who work for Qatar are seemingly from a very select few ,with never having done it,but witnessed ,service staff members receive some vile displays of human intolerance and rudeness over the years.Again I have to mention the level of customer care and human compassion and Kindness from Nara,Cheon and Naomi, who as with many people around the world are facing very uncertain futures provided every passenger with what we were discussing on disembarking was one of the most pleasant as a passenger ever. I know we can all be swayed by a few$ here and there and an extra few points,I to was silly enough to have done that.But hopefully for us all when this is over soon I won’t consider any other airline because I am not part of an elderly couple just trying to be with each other ,or tired pregnant parents, or someone that needs extra support but Along with tens of thousands of others I witnessed Qantas,Cathay,Singapore and Etihad treat some people very ,very badly and most with complete disregard regardless of ‘ flight class’.They were there for as said people who thought it their last chance to get home to see care for their loved ones O/S and whilst not understanding the humanity of worry that can distract us all. I seen it with my own eyes and experienced it with ‘my soul’,Qatar airlines staff bless you all.

5  Thank Teltruthshameevil
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.