“Best flight of my life”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 31 March 2020 via mobile

I travel back to Edinburgh on flight number QR 31 on the 2nd of March and had a truly memorable flight.
The champagne was lovely the food presentation and quality was excellent the seat was amazing with not one but three windows.
The thing however that stole the show was the service I received from cabin crew member Wing.
The welcome sublime, the attentiveness unrivalled, the attention to detail impeccable.
Thank you Wing for helping to create a memory that will stay long in my memory.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
3  Thank Raphoedon
Write a reviewReviews (31,699)

Reviewed 31 March 2020 via mobile

Qatar are excellent. After corona virus shutdown by Emirates at less than 24 hours notice. Qatar put on their first service from Brisbane allowing a plane load of basically stranded passengers to return home. Excellent service and food and very comfortable aircraft. My first time with Qatar but certainly not the last

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
5  Thank K1086HKkenw
Reviewed 31 March 2020

Hi! Me and my friend got treated horribly during the corona crisis in Jakarta, Indonesia by Wawan Ridwan and his supervizor, somewhat over a week ago. My and a friend (we’re two 18-year old girls) travelled for 10 hours to the Jakarta airport to talk to Qatar airways because you CANT reach them by calling (several people tried many times for many days). We arrived at the Jakarta Qatar Airways office and were treated so poorly. An emyployee called Wawan Ridwan shook his head the enite time while ‘helping’ us. We were respectful and nice, we said ‘Hello, we’d like to change our flight (since The Netherlends wanted all their residents back in their country). He responded by saying ‘oh my god, not again’ and sighing the entire time. We were at that office for over 3 hours, waiting for their headquarters to respond. I tried calling several numbers the employee gave me at the office: one number was out of service and the other number hung me up every time. Eventually we left after midnight after they told us they might rebook our ticket for a flight the next day but they weren’t sure if they were able to do so. Their advice was to book the ticket for tommorow and just pay for it (it was 17 milliom rupia, that is almost €1000,- for a one way flight. No refund no change of booking no nothing. We got a call from the office at 2 AM telling us they can’t do anything for us even though there were economy seats available for the very next day (they said it was full, but we have screenshots). We were also told to go to another Qatar Office downtown, which would open at 9AM (they said this to everyone) but Jakarta was already on lockdown! And another problem we had with this advice, is that people could still buy online tickets for the flights we wanted (and they were sold out SO fast), which means that if we would arrive at 9AM the tickets for flights would be already sold out online. We were so scared, since all of Idonesie was was going to go on lockdown, and Jakarta was on lockdown already. Eventually we booked with Emirates because Qatar is IMPOSSIBLE to communicate with and wouldn’t help ANY of their costumers.
Now, we aren’t asking for money for our two 10-hour train trips, car rides, (which was fhe only way to reach Qatar Airways) our time wasted, we JUST want a refund

5  Thank _alyza123
Reviewed 31 March 2020 via mobile

Very good services !!! For the luggages the same !!! Meals and drinks with variety .Peoples on board very helpfull!!!

1  Thank 1w2er
Reviewed 31 March 2020

Disgusting! This airline is clearly profiteering from peoples unavoidable distress. I had a business class return ticket booked to Adelaide from Paris for early July and they happily said they won't charge a change fee however they will charge me $1990 to change the ticket to fly into Melbourne instead as THEY HAVE CANCELLED ALL FLIGHTS TO ADELAIDE. Nothing to do with me all to do with them cancelling the route I was originally booked on and I have to pay for my own flight from Melbourne to Adelaide. There were plenty of seats as I had the option to fly out of Paris $2400 extra, or Frankfurt $2400 extra. Absolutely shameful behaviour in a time of great stress for almost all travellers.
Update: So it gets worse! On transit in Doha, I asked if I could get to Australia before the quarantine lockdown began on the 28th of March after initially being told there was no flight getting me in before. I was offered a Perth flight that got me in before lockdown and I accepted only to be told I would be paying ANOTHER $2000. Take it or leave it no negotiation. Over a barrel again, and they took full advantage. Both Copenhagen - Doha and Doha - Perth were virtually empty so they couldn't argue the flights were near full hence the price gauge! Shameful! I will never fly this airline again.

5  Thank Z4457TVpauls
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.