“Qatar Airways versus Qantas! Both begin with Q- that's where the similarity ends!”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 3 April 2020

Over two weeks ago when martial law was declared in Spain I cancelled our travel arrangements and requested refunds from Qatar Airways and Qantas. Aside from an automated response, I have as yet to hear from Qatar Airways concerning my cash refund request for $11,000 for our flights which are due to leave next Friday and have have several legs cancelled. Qantas however refunded both my cash and frequent flyer points in full in three business days! I would have expected a similar service from another 'state' airline, not to mention the airline that carries the proud accolade of being 'airline of the year'.
I have noticed numerous posts on social media with passengers in a similar situation being palmed off with travel vouchers, which, as they expire in 12 months, are unlikely ever to be used by many of us. We paid you in good faith and we expect you to return the favour!

Date of travel: April 2020
3  Thank Carol W
Write a reviewReviews (31,870)

Reviewed 2 April 2020

Most horrible travel experience in my life.. Flight had to emergency land in the middle of the night in Kuwait because they had allowed boarding a passenger, obviously being ill. The air plane had to do an emergency landing in the middle of the night to get medical care for the passenger. I got food poisoning from the food they served and had asked for an Ibuprofen before we did an emergency landing. When on the ground a crew member come to me and say I can't continue flying because of the risk that they would have to do another emergency landing because I've asked for a Ibuprofen..Me and my fellow passengers were thrown of in the middle of the night in Kuwait, passports taken and told we had to spend 48 hrs at the Kuwait airport..
We obviously took another flight home and the customer support to get reimbursed is horrible. They take a month between answers and are not being collaborative..Still have a conversation with them ongoing..we will see what happens.
I'm warning to book with Qatar Airways

Date of travel: January 2020
2  Thank A5797VLerikb
Reviewed 2 April 2020

As an Australian citizen who returned from a visit to England on the 29/03/2020 amid the coronavirus pandemic I would like to express my thanks to Qatar Airways and it's staff for still running their services enabling citizens like me to to return home.
I went out on an economy ticket and returned on a business class ticket.The staff were excellent and business class was superb I recommend them which ever ticket you purchase. It was my first time traveling business class and I was very impressed the staff and the service was well worth what I paid for and if traveling long haul it's definitely the way to go. Excellent airline.

Date of travel: March 2020
2  Thank Ekayrd
Reviewed 1 April 2020

Qatar businessclass is very nice. Compared with Singapore air businessclass Qatar is so much better. Better service, better food, and you can also eat and drink whenever you want and not on a set time. Also get very nice pyjamas to sleep in
Supernice!

Date of travel: March 2020
3  Thank punkpanda
Reviewed 31 March 2020

As a frequent flyer with Qatar, I have often changed flights in Doha, but never visited the city, so this winter break (pre- Corona..) I and my family opted for a long weekend in Doha. And as always, Qatar Airways is the best of the best when it comes to in- flight service. Everyone is taken good care of, but if you are a Privilege Club member with Silver tier or above, you will experience a service as close to business class as it it possible to com on economy. The flight crews are just unike! What they do, is not customer service in the traditional sense, they take care of you like a very welcome house guest with the signature Middel Eastern hospitality!

Date of travel: February 2020
5  Thank EgilJessheim
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.