“My experience was great with Qatar”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 3 December 2020

I traveled just before covid-19 and had a good experience with Qatar Airways. I'm planning again to travel Philadelphia with Qatar Airways in mid February 2021 but saw many recent negative reviews, according to my experience i should choose Qatar while if i see public reviews, it scares then i think i still have time to choose. any suggestion will be appreciated.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank scottbaker93
Write a reviewReviews (31,714)

Reviewed 2 December 2020

I tried to book a repatriation flight that coordinated with the Thai government, unfortunately, I booked the wrong date. I tried to change to the actual date but it was fully booked. I called customer service right away (within 10 minutes after the booking) asking for a full refund. After called and email many times fighting for my full refund, They ended up charging me $375.

Date of travel: November 2020
Reviewed 2 December 2020

It was a new unsatisfactory experience since I travel to 19 countries and have been flying with many airlines. I had to fly back from Barcelona to Thailand because of the pandemic situation. I already had dissatisfaction with this airline before with 30 hours intent travel from the part it proves that I won't purchase a ticket from them ever. Lately, I have no alternative option left for me. My recent travel with flight number QR836 DOHA to BANGKOK time at 12.40 am. During the flight everyone has been serving their breakfast I the only one who stays awake and never been away from my seat even 1 minute. Nobody asked me for a drink or food while everyone in on the air-plane finished their food. I was shocked and decided to ask them for food and drink. I strongly believe if I didn't ask I will be starving and THEY WILL FORGET ME. I just wanted to say a small mistake is matters if you don't have enough attention for customers in the future you will know the result. From now on it will be my first topic I will talk with everyone I meet in the future.

Date of travel: December 2020
Reviewed 2 December 2020

Denied boarding 3 times due to covid test. Brought the pcr test 3 times and each time they denied me boarding under grounds that my pcr test was past the required time by 2 hours. Test takes 3 days to get results you rebook the flight after you get your test and sometimes the day you want to stay within the validity period they don't have any flight. So you are constantly playing catch and getting retested every time. Misled by the agents that they count validity from when the test results were out only to get there and be told that oh its from the collection time of the specimen. Doesn’t make sense at all. Crossed over to the other side with the same test results and boarded a different flight the very same time my qatar airline flight was boarding. Further cementing my idea that they were very biased. 3 times being denied

Date of travel: October 2020
Reviewed 2 December 2020

Qatar Airways first announced that the flight from Doha to Istanbul was canceled and rebooked the ticket to Prague. The next day, it turned out that the flight to Istanbul took place. The plane to Prague was 3 hours late and I missed the next 2 connection flights. I had to spend the night at the airport hotel and pay for the rebooking of the first flight. The second flight was gone. Qatar Airways did not respond to my request to refund the money for losses for 6 months, then they offered to refund the cost only for rebooking of first connection flight, not for the hotel and not for the lost flight. Terrible customer care department, cheap 3d class company.

Date of travel: April 2020
1  Thank O9129ZVolivierl
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.