“Worst Airline ever”
Review of Royal Jordanian

Reviewed 10 January 2022

I have arranged my Round trip ticket with RJ to USA stopping over at Chicago and back to UAE. When I reached Chicago on the way back the ground staff in ORD wouldn't allow me on the flight blaming it on the PCR test and they asked questions about the email that I have received when, how? I provide them the details. However, I learnt after that they are buying time till the boarding is over and then they will say we are sorry. The Lady on the counter (R.M) and her manager walked to the room behind the counter acting that they were trying to solve my problem, but it seemed like it’s a well-rehearsed drama. during that time, I called RJ call center in which the gentleman on the other side of the call told me that it’s a full flight and they will not be able to provide me an alternative flight until 27th of Dec (Boxing day). Soon after the manager and her employee (R.M) walked out from the back room trying to apologies for the situation. I asked since its their mistake if they could offer a hotel at least and arrange a flight for the following day. They rejected and claimed that I did not show them the email of the PCR (in which I did) and it was my fault (treated as a no show), and they are not able to provide me a flight for the following day. They practically board their own first regardless of the situation and then other passengers. It’s a disgraceful airline No Ethics, No respect, No professionalism.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank robertmU449QY
Write a reviewReviews (2,221)

Reviewed 9 January 2022

Please please please avoid Jordanian Airlines. They are the worst. You will never get ahold of them if you need any thing and they have zero interest in helping customers. I see now why they are so poorly rated. This experience was not unique to me. Save yourself money and time and avoid.
I wanted to travel from Nebraska to Lebanon to see my parents over Christmas. My flights were as follows: Omaha, NE to Chicago, Chicago to Jordan, Jordan to Lebanon. My first flight from Omaha to Chicago was on December 18th. This American Airlines flight got cancelled due to a “maintenance issue”. As a result, I was unable to make it to Chicago and therefore knew I would not make it to Jordan. The flight from Chicago to Jordan was booked through Jordanian Airlines. I tried my best to call Jordanian Airlines for assistance - it was quite literally at least ten numbers - without an answer or help. And when someone finally did pick up the phone, this person didn’t understand English or Arabic and hung up. I did receive one call from Jordanian Airlines - it was someone at the O’Hare Jordanian Airlines gate asking me if I was there to get on the flight. I said no, and then I was given no chance to explain or ask for assistance before I was hung up on again. I booked a totally different flight to Lebanon through United Airlines. I want to make it clear there was no way to cancel or change my original Jordanian Airlines ticket at all due to either no one picking up or the one employee I “talked” to being completely unhelpful and offering no way to help me to get to Jordan/Lebanon. Plus I had to get a new COVID test and paid 400 dollars to get the rapid PCR.

Then coming back I wanted to use my return part of the ticket (Lebanon to Jordan, Jordan to Chicago, Chicago to Omaha). I arrived to the Lebanon airport at 0400 on January 2nd. I was shocked to learn that my ticket to the USA had been suspended. The reason was because I did not fly the beginning part of my ticket booking, so basically it was saying I was still in the United States. I was literally speechless, and an employee started yelling at me that it was my fault and I should’ve gone to the Jordanian office to clear things up. She said she could not help me and no one could. It was a Sunday and a holiday in Lebanon, so I could not do anything. I had paid nearly $3000 for this total booking with no seat. I even told the employee I would buy my own ticket again and pay the same amount of money as a new customer, and she said that wouldn’t work because the rule was I had to book my ticket 24 hours before. I had to get a new rapid PCR COVID test and book a hotel room and get another flight within next 24 hours.

2  Thank Toufik H
Reviewed 8 January 2022

I have just travelled on RJ to and from Amman and unfortunately almost no one conformed to the mandated mask policy. The flight attendance did not even care to in-force the policy. Nevertheless, this was small Safety Issue to what was allowed for those sitting in the exit row to leave their carry on luggage in-front of them during landing.

I my 45 years of flying, I have not seen such negligent to Safety. This require full and immediate investigation and correction.

Till then, I will not be flying RJ as always Safety is First.

Date of travel: January 2022
2  Thank AKKAUB
Reviewed 7 January 2022

We had to cancel our flight due to a positive PCR result.
The cancelation procedure says we need to call customer service.
However, Customer service only works from Sunday to Thursday!
So what do you do if you're traveling on a Friday or Saturday!
They don't seem to care about paying customers.
Their cancellation policy is also terrible, they charge close to the cost of a ticket as a penalty. I am never flying with RJ again, I can't support such a terrible airline. There are countless warnings online about how bad this airline is, just google royal Jordanian reviews. This airline's management needs to get re-trained on everything about how to run an airline.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank GeorgeKlein11
Reviewed 5 January 2022

The worse airline ever. Customer service needs improvement, food choice selection everyone does not eat beef, cleaning of plane was not done, planes need to be upgraded. The seats and plane is very old and coming apart. Upon boarding the plane it had a very bad smell, mask is not being enforced according to CDC & baggage needs improvement waited 2 hours on baggage. They did not care about anyone missing their flights said it wasn’t there problems. My first experience and my last. Will not recommend this airline to anyone.

Date of travel: January 2022
1  Thank laquinsiaa
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.