“Morning flight to Mallorca”
Review of Ryanair

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Early morning flight to Mallorca, tickets we bought over internet and we did pay for this tickets only 10 euros. I did not expect anythiong special from this airline but flight was ok. on time, friendly crew.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (44,655)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was looking for a cheap flight and they had the cheapest. In Milan, they only fly from Orio Al Serio airport, which you can get to by catching one of the very frequent buses that leave from Milan Central Station. Overall not the nicest flight, but really good compared to the price. Staff was nice. You can only bring a hold luggage if you pay an extra few euros. (in this case, you also get fast boarding).

1  Thank Greta C
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We paid extra to book a seat together and had priority boarding, this turned out to be a mistake as Ryan Air started boarding us however only let us through to the corridor before the plane - the staff kept telling everyone to keep moving down until it was absolutely packed. Our flight then got delayed however no one came to tell us this so we were stuck in between the boarding desk and the plane. It was extremely hot meaning that most people started to sit on the floor etc. There was no way for me to be able to get to the toilet or for my partner to get a drink. I was unhappy and was shocked that no one from the airline came to tell us what was going on or even apologised when we did finally board the plane. (I wish we hadn't got priority boarding as we wouldn't have been stuck in the corridor if we hadn't) That being said the flight was fine. I won't be in a rush to recommend Ryan Air or book with them again.

1  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrive at Stansted in good time but were caught in a long queue at the bag drop. We both had small suit cases and were waved through by the young lady at the desk, who assured us that the items were small enough to out into the cabin lockers. We proceeded through security, but both our cases were retained and we were asked to open them. Inside we had toilet bags, with certain items over 100ml., some of which were expensive. My wife was extremely upset and was unwilling to have items confiscated. The airport staff were very sympathetic and helpful and escorted us back through security to the Ryanair desk. There we had to weigh the bags, and pay 50GBP for each item to go into the hold, which is what we wanted in the first place.
We then hurried trough the maze of shops to the departure gate, only to find that there was a long queue. We were there, with priority passes, for over an hour. No explanation was given. Eventually the aircraft was boarded - it left the stand 63 minutes after the scheduled take-off time.

We have no real complaints about the flight itself.

For the return flight, we packed all the toiletries and liquids into one case, for which I paid 50 Euros for it to be placed in the hold. When we got to the departure gate, there was no sign of an aircraft and a long queue. The flight took off 95 minutes late, and arrived 75 minutes late at Stansted. The took another 30 minutes to appear on the belt, so we arrived home in Hertford at an extremely late hour.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived 2 and a half hours early for the flight. I would recommend anyone departing Manchester arrive 3 hours early as the departure through security is extraordinarily slow and claustrophobic, I hadn't noted the several warnings in various emails that I had to check in online or pay 55 euros per person to check in at the airport. The Ryanair staff who were directing people where to go pointed this out to me and also that I had time to check in online which I did via my phone and the airport free wifi. Thank you to Ryanair staff and to Manchester airport for that. I noticed the people who were having trouble with travel with Ryanair at the time I was there had not done as they should e.g. not checked in online, not booked the correct flight, were carrying enormous amounts of luggage which they hadn't paid for. Everything else went smoothly. However if you are claustrophobic, don't travel out of Manchester airport until they complete their upgrades. I worked out that at one stage 36 people were jammed in a corner on the lines leading into security. We could not move except to turn awkwardly. One woman became very agitated and if it wasn't for the calm intervention of another passenger it could have been a most unpleasant experience. The roof was low, there was absolutely no way any of us could move if there had been an emergency. Even the people sorting us into lines could not get to those of us in this corner. All the airlines flying out of Manchester should be involved in getting the temporary management of travellers sorted into a safer situation at this airport. It is a disaster waiting to happen. I would travel Ryanair again but would avoid Manchester airport.