“A little bumpy going, smooth coming home”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

As usual Southwest is number one in my books for flying. The stewardess and stewards are always exceptional. They are always friendly and accomodating.
My friend had never flown so I mentioned as we boarded and the young lady asked if she wanted to meet the pilot in the cockpit? She was so excited and had her pic taken with him. Due to weather we had a bumpy trip down to Orlando but smooth take off and landing. Coming back we had a female pilot and male pilot. The take off and landing along with the entire flight was smooth. Skies were beautiful, we took of in FL at 75 degrees and landed in Baltimore at
35 degrees!

2  Thank elliebest95
Write a reviewReviews (44,619)

Reviewed 18 February 2020

Air travel is not easy, nor enjoyable. But Southwest really makes an effort to make it tolerable. Check-in is easy, lining up numerically is "orderly", and checking a free bag means I don't have to wrestle a carry-on bag around the airport or into a bin.
I fly back and forth to/from Tulsa and Houston for family visits, and choosing Southwest allows me to use Houston Hobby and the always-easy Tulsa airports. My direct flight is almost always on time.

1  Thank Oma77
Reviewed 18 February 2020

My sons have developmental disabilities. For the most part Southwest has been kind and considerate of their needs. Just coming home we had a rude flight attendant. She was rushing us and ordering me about instead of letting me handle the situation which I've been doing my sons whole lives.
We planned this trip way in advance so we were able to get the tickets at a lower, more affordable rate.
The gate people are wonderful and patient with my sons and me.
It is a good airlines. We prefer it to the others.
Talked a friend into flying Southwest and she was pleasantly surprised.

2  Thank 607alisonv
Reviewed 18 February 2020

Both flights left early since we were all on board. I thought at first that the check-in counter opened late but eventually realized the fault was mine ... I was early, having misread my departure time. It was early and SWA staff were not their usual flip selves. I think that starts after 6 am.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank Adrian B
Reviewed 18 February 2020

Southwest is always good. If you want to get there in one piece and on time without drama. The seats are close but not as bad a some airlines... there are minimal snacks or food service.. even for purchase. As long as you plan for no frills you are getting exactly what you pay for. I'd rather eat what I want prior to the flight and have a low price with baggage included. I've never had a problem on Southwest Airlines.

2  Thank U7945ZTpamw
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.