“Fraudulent Turkish Airlines”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 29 June 2018

BLATENT CRIME BY TURKISH AIRLINE AT ATATURK AIRPORT.
Due to mayhem at the airport we arrived 10minutes BEFORE the official closure of the check-in desk. The plane was said to be overbooked.
After being shown to the official Turkish Airline Ticket Sales counter we (Wife and I) were told that we have to buy new tickets. We were told that our tickets are no longer valid. The Turkish Airline ground staff are pulling a very dirty SCAM and this is how it works:
I did not pay my money to Turkish Airlines but to a company called HAKVAR TURZISM LTD. STI., for €919,93 (for 2 persons). The Turkish Airline Staff Member issued us two tickets that were, later beknown paid with Miles&Smiles Award miles from the company HAKVAR TURZISM LTD. STI.. I wanted to get a receipt when I bought the two tickets, but the Turkish Airline Lady said that I could download it from the Internet. In this way I could not understand this disgraceful fraud. Back at home I reviewed the receipt and found out that the change of booking actually cost €49,35 per Person. That leaves the Fraudulent Staff with a profit of €821,23.
This Scam is well rehearsed, so I had no chance to know that we were being cheated. After all, we put our trust in a brand such as Turkish Airline and do not expect to be cheated.

After trying to explain my case to the Turkish Airlines Inc. Customer Contact Center I have come to realize that the entire ground staff are involved in this scam. They all protect each other. Turkish Airline brush their hands in innocence and say that we have to take the issue up with HAKVAR TURZISM LTD. STI. This is not good enough! It is Turkish Airline staff that are criminals. It is our duty to spread this matter to the whole world!! I see that several others on Tripadvisor users have had the same issues. Let us get together and shut this disgusting operation. BR

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank pjanschek
Write a ReviewReviews (19,822)

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I was travelling with my 30 months child from Delhi to Prague via Istanbul and back.
It was almost a 20hour journey. We are strict vegans and had requested for a special meal while booking.
But on both our ways they were out of stock.
It was terrible on my way back because my child was running a high fever and was terribly hungry and she had to take her meds but these guys couldn’t provide anything decent for a child to eat . She survived the entire journey with just one milk pack .
The fruits they provided in an extremely small pack were stale.

Horrible experience!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Just arrived to istambul airport and saw my flight was delayed 3:35 a total wait of 7 hours. I would never book a flight with a 7 hours waiting so i went to ask about if it was possible to leave earlier and couldnt understand a word since the turkish employee couldnt speak basic english she print me a paper and after a time i understand food. After that went to the food court only one place acept that and the choice was rice with chicken or meat look so discusting i didnt use the voucher. Apart from that turkish crew speak really bad english and have a bad actitude u can they are pretty annoyed with out even talking to them. By law they should pay for hotel and give voucher of money to use in any place but they didnt. Never again choosing this airline i regret not looking with emirates but too late for sorry.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Having never used this airline previously...I was very pleasantly surprised. The cleanliness, service, food, amenities, punctuality, and gate location were all very good...on both the initial and return flights. I would not hesitate to use this airline again and would recommend it to others; being a world traveler (economy only), I would rate Turkish Airlines as one of the very good airlines...and that praise is not given lightly or often.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank rainrock57
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Poor Service & Friendlyness, no Seat assignment online was possible, helpline on the phone is a joke. Food is sub standard and the legroom in Economy ist the worstnI have ever seen (less then 70 cm!) Never again despite a relatively good connetion

1  Thank Freeski_1