“A very good airline with a vast network of flights.”
Review of Turkish Airlines

Reviewed 14 August 2021

I flew a few times with Turkish, because their scedule is the most convenient for that route. I found the seats good, the staff helpful, and the food acceptable. Their website is easy to use and navigate. The phone app is also helpful, and it is easy to check in within the app.
The lounge in Istanbul is very large and has everything.
We experienced a flight change last year, and easily made new bookings without charges. Their phone help line was usefull, and quick to connect.
I strongly recommend this airline, for short or long hauls.

Date of travel: June 2021
2  Thank H4507HCrobertp
Write a reviewReviews (30,941)

Reviewed 14 August 2021

2011-2016 Turkish airlines was the gold standard in aviation. The last 5 years they've gone down the tube as one of the worst airlines. This is made conspicuous by the fact they can't crack the top 20 (Worlds Best Airlines) and are consistently rated at the bottom of the barrel. Just look at the recent reviews to get an idea of how bad it is.

Due to Covid I bought business class tickets with flex travel. Let me tell you it's an absolute lie. They have no problem of cancelling and changing your flights but when you try it's a complete different story. They simply will not honor their agreement and will attempt to charge you twice the price of a new ticket. One of the agents told me the reason why I have to pay is because there are different variations of business class tickets....Can you believe that? And can you believe that was probably the most "sane" explanation I got. When they realize how stupid they sound they give you the email of their customer service agency and tell you to wait 21 days. You have a better chance of winning the lottery if you expect their lazy clueless customer service to do anything.

I plan on suing them and this is no hyperbole. Take them to small claims, let them hire attorneys to come and defend themselves because they are extremely deceitful. Look no airline is perfect, but out of the bad bunch they are really at the bottom.

Date of travel: August 2021
2  Thank memocan83
Reviewed 11 August 2021

This is the worst airline company ever, so unprofessional. They sold me an impossible ticket... and won't refund me for THEIR mistake.

I had to cancel a ticket (Departing from Abidjan - arrival to JFK, roundtrip) with United Airline ( a flight operated by Brussels airline) the night I had to fly to New York because of a new policie that stated : "travelers can not transit via any european country to go to the USA with a tourist visa. " (They immediately refunded me the TOTAL amount in just TWO days.)

So the same night I went to the Turkish airline office of the airport and asked the seller if I could travel the same night. I have asked him to be sure that I could travel before buying the ticket with turkish airline, and the seller convince and assured me that I will encounter no problem. Surprise surprise ! At istanbul airport they didn't le me board the plane for New-York because I had bought the ticket for the USA the same night of my flight. And I had to go back to Abidjan the same night. I have asked the turkish airline office of the airport to find a solution for the impossible ticket he sold me. The seller told me to go to their main office in the City. I went to their main office and an agent there told me to go the airport office. Am I a f*cking joke to them ? I have written a letter with NO ANSWER. I have sent a feedback on their official website and had to wait 21 DAYS to get an answer, an email saying that I have to take the responsability and that they can not do anything. The AIRLINE is reponsible for its passenger, I have bought my ticket at their sale office, asked them if I will encounter a problem or not, and explained everything before they sold me this impossible ticket. They stole 1600$ from me and they won't even refund me for the flights I didn't take.

This is just disgusting.

Date of travel: July 2021
4  Thank HusseinMakke
Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

My wife had a flight from IST airport to Newark, NJ. She was there 3 hours before flight, got the boarding pass on time and was at the gate 15 minutes before flight. And then they didn’t let her in, with so offensive, aggressive, and rude behavior. I reviewed the comments and apparently it happened to several other passengers. Some had mentioned: “This means that seats were sold to passengers that were on standby at the airport in Istanbul? or passengers were given wrong boarding pass?” Thats absolutely makes sense to me as there is no any reason to close the gate 20 minutes before flight time while there are some passengers with boarding pass left behind. Don’t waste a penny on Turkish airline not to ruin your trip and your feelings

Date of travel: August 2021
2  Thank pouriab191
Reviewed 10 August 2021

The flight attendants were extremely rude and unhelpful. Our return flight was canceled and they did not even inform us directly (the passengers). Moreover, the airline staff at the airport feigned ignorance and did not move a finger to provide assistance or try to book us in another flight even though the company cancelled the flight.

Date of travel: July 2021
3  Thank AlmaBesos
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.