“Polaris Business Class is Super”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 13 December 2017

United's Polaris Business Class it truly worth the price to upgrade. Being able to fully recline to sleep on this almost 8 hour helped to arrive rested and ready to go. The meals were tasty and fresh and the staff was very attentive. It was a super trip going to Europe and returning via flight 946. Recommend this as a super way to travel.

1  Thank Andy L
Write a ReviewReviews (28,629)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Within the last month, United has apparently made it a (extortion-like) requirement that you pay for a checked bag in order to check in online. A free service literally every other airline offers, even discount airlines like Spirit and Frontier.

1  Thank neverever1717
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Flight was delayed, no good story ever starts this way. I was signed up for FlightAware and their Emails were not timely, I was already checked-in and walking to my gate when I got the Email that flight was delayed 2hr-45min. It was delayed because of a trickle-down impact for that plane on previous flight somewhere else in the country, not due to weather in the two locations involved in my flight, GSP & ORD. Arrive two hours early, then wait 5hr-45min for my flight. I was not aware that United only has about seven planes in their fleet and they couldn't stop that trickle-down impact .. guess it's easier to inconvenience a plane full of paying passengers than to find staff for one flight.

Flight Attendant was courteous (albeit a bit weary).

Leg room, foot room, and under seat storage - on the Embraer RJ135 is compromised if you sit by the window, because the floor slopes.

Knee room on the Embraer RJ135 is better than most other airplanes.

1  Thank Vic2911
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I made a reservation with what was advertised as United Airlines. Their logo and the name United Airlines with the flight number. When I went to get a seat assignment I logged into United's website. I put in my reservation number and was redirected to Lufthansa Airlines. I was told I could not reserve a seat until 23 hours before the flight.
This is the old game of "bait and switch" . I booked my flight through Cheapoair. Their customer was of no help at all. I was told that United buys seats from Lufthansa and it is perfectly legal. The "fine print" says operated by......whatever that means.

1  Thank laurahfriedmann
Reviewed 13 December 2017

The aircraft seemed new, but the seats are smaller and closer together. I am 5'7", and my knees were getting banged constantly by the seat in front of me. This didn't previously occur during travel. I am so tired of United coming up with ways to nickel and dime you for baggage fees, access to exit row or expanded leg room seating, charging more miles for reward travel, etc. Hurtling through the sky at hundreds of miles per hour is one thing, but being squished together just aggravates the situation. Baggage fees mean more bags are crammed in the over head and under seats, which just reduces space for your legs to stretch out.

2  Thank Heidi M