“LAX to Mobile. Second Leg Not so Great”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Flying United from LAX to Mobile was just OK. There is a change of plane required, but that is so for all the airlines. The change on this flight was in Houston. Houston is a good hub, with a lot of amenities which is nice. The second leg however, is a small plane. My briefcase would not even fit in the overhead, so i had to stuff under my seat and then my leg room situation was less than desirable. A lot of folks had roller bags and they all had to be gate checked, and then they had to wait the extra 5-10 min in the jet way for the bags to be brought up.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (21,787)

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Our bags were lost for the first time ever after our flight from Colorado. That isn't what prompted this review, because ya know, it happens.

The problem is when we went to the United baggage counter, the guy was rude and disinterested in helping us find out what happened to our bags. We'd never gone through the process before, and it would have been nice for a little customer service. We still don't know the details of how we will get our luggage.

2  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 13 December 2017

United's Polaris Business Class it truly worth the price to upgrade. Being able to fully recline to sleep on this almost 8 hour helped to arrive rested and ready to go. The meals were tasty and fresh and the staff was very attentive. It was a super trip going to Europe and returning via flight 946. Recommend this as a super way to travel.

1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Within the last month, United has apparently made it a (extortion-like) requirement that you pay for a checked bag in order to check in online. A free service literally every other airline offers, even discount airlines like Spirit and Frontier.

1  Thank neverever1717
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Flight was delayed, no good story ever starts this way. I was signed up for FlightAware and their Emails were not timely, I was already checked-in and walking to my gate when I got the Email that flight was delayed 2hr-45min. It was delayed because of a trickle-down impact for that plane on previous flight somewhere else in the country, not due to weather in the two locations involved in my flight, GSP & ORD. Arrive two hours early, then wait 5hr-45min for my flight. I was not aware that United only has about seven planes in their fleet and they couldn't stop that trickle-down impact .. guess it's easier to inconvenience a plane full of paying passengers than to find staff for one flight.

Flight Attendant was courteous (albeit a bit weary).

Leg room, foot room, and under seat storage - on the Embraer RJ135 is compromised if you sit by the window, because the floor slopes.

Knee room on the Embraer RJ135 is better than most other airplanes.

1  Thank Vic2911