“Not the best flight I have been on”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Not the best flight .. tried to checkin on line as soon as it could be accessed and was unable to have a family of four sit together. We had two single seats no where near each other and then 2 seat together. I would expect when travelling as a family they would try and accommodate seating close together.

• Legroom
Write a ReviewReviews (29,809)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I booked a flight with an agent of United’s called Edreams. This company sells United flights plus as extras you can pay for the seat of your choice off their map and an extra fee to receive updates. I picked the seats paid for them and had them confirmed to me in writing where it clearly states CONFIRMED SEAT. I then log on to United to put my mileage’s plus number in and find my seats had been changed to right down the back of the aircraft. I was shocked and emailed United customer care as advised and back in writing they said it has nothing to do with us they are aware they do this. This is dishonest and should not be allowed. I could go on but in short NO HELP from United and edreams is uncontactable. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I previously flew United just once but it was an international flight which is a different experience. On domestic flights, the big plus is the flights were on time. But in terms of services, flying economy is not a good idea at all. I had a basic economy ticket and I did not know by the time I purchased the flight what this means: not even a carry-on allowed, just a backpack, no seat selection (not even at the time of check-in, you only get a completely random seat even if you travel in group) and not eligible for upgrades (you are not allowed to pay for upgrades, I am not talking about complimentary ones). My biggest disappointment was that because of the Highway 101 closure due to the big flooding in Montecito I was not able to get back home from LAX with my car rental so I called United Customer Service a day prior to my returning flight, explained them the bad situation I found my self in and asked if they could assist me to change my flight and get a flight directly to Santa Barbara instead of LAX. Not only they were very fast in telling me they won’t help me but their answer was “since you only payed $97 for the basic economy ticket, we can’t help you sir”. I keep asking myself, if I “only payed $97” I am not an United customer? Or what was that supposed to mean? I really avoid giving bad reviews but in this case, I really can’t help myself sharing my experience, considering the terrible natural disaster that caused my issue and the answer I got from United.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 22 January 2018

we loved the flight because of the gate location being that the layover gate and departure gates were located close to one another going over and going back

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Traveled a lot with united and cannot complain about the flight or in flight experience. I do have some major issues with an over harge and the complete lack of addressing complaints. Benn 3 months, 2 letters, about 20 calls and a complaint filing on their online site and still no response. So 5 for one aspect 0 for the other gives them a 3