“I'll pay more for some other choices”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I am not a fan. They got me there safely without injury, so 2 stars.

The seats are ridiculously tight on space. Width and leg room. Children should have no problem. My wife is 5' 4" and her knees were touching the seat in front of her.

Getting from our arrival to our connection required a pre-ordered, pre- confirmed by phone, confirmed by both gates, wheelchair to accommodate the extended distance. My traveling companion was the last off the plane, being prompted by the flight attendants, that the staff was already cleaning, and they had to prepare for pre-boarding the next flight. She used her cane and exited to the gateway. She stood there for longer than medically advised. She was repeatedly told that a wheelchair was on the way. At some point a flight attendant gave her a dusty crate to sit on. The whole time, staff and crew squeezing past her to ready the next flight. It's on the way..........
Finally it did show, and the attendant was not very courteous. She seemed rushed. She seemed put out that we had to go to the farthest end on another terminal. That includes a tram ride. They wheeled her to that bus. Walked her on. Made no effort to move others from sitting in the handicap seats. I did! We thought the attendant stayed behind. When we arrived at the next terminal, she disembarked from the rear of the bus. Then she had to go find a wheel chair while we stood waiting again.
When we arrived at the gate, she parked it quite a ways away from the boarding door, and said have a good flight. disappeared. I checked in at the gate. I was told to move her closer to the front and pre-confirmed the wheelchair at the next stop. It also was not there.

Our in flight snack service was rushed but that was due to a small window of no turbulence.

Apologies came across the intercom for...
1. Sorry about the bad smell of the air coming out of the vents.
2. We are being held because another UA plane is being tugged off the taxi way.
3. We are waiting on a tug to move us away from damage to the taxi way.
4. please close all the shades and turn the (stinky) air on as you leave for the next passengers.

I will be making efforts to find other airlines for future comfort journeys.

UA did reach out to me on twitter with apologies, and words to look into it.

XP

Date of travel: July 2017
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (37,164)

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We were not allowed to use the lounge !
Chaos at embarkation . The attendant was frantically trying to persuade passengers to travel next morning paying for the hotel and upgrading to first class. No time to answer questions of anyone.
In the plane we were notified that only fish was available and denying that for allergy reasons we were offered a package with nuts and some humus and crackers etc from economy class without choice as they had run out of packages.
The attendant , an elderly man was just a fraction from rude and almost yelled at me .
I had to go to the gallery and explain to , most probably the chief stewardess that my husband was diabetic and he had to eat something and she kindly prepared two small salads for us with rolls and butter.
I understand it was very busy being Xmass but the whole thing, embarkation etc was a mess.

Date of travel: December 2017
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Well, we didn't crash and were on time, and no one was unpleasant. Lack of food was typical but still annoying. Flight attendants were ok, nothing special; considering flight was full, they did a good job.

Date of travel: December 2017
Reviewed 23 January 2018

No problems at all and was able to precheck on my mobile and head straight to gate.
(No checked bag made this process super easy)
Flight attendants were generous with the pretzels. :)

Date of travel: January 2018
Reviewed 23 January 2018

They ask you to plan ahead which I did. I used high level points for this flight. I got an email they were trying to reach me, never got a call. I did see they rebooked me. It was and extra stop and my flight landed in Chicago over an hour after my connecting was leaving to FSD.
I called them and even talked to supervisor. They don't give them any authority. He said I should contact CUSTOMER SERVICE and so I did, there reply was it can take 30 before the contact me to try to solve. So they leave me in limbo?
Changing fights will cost me hundreds of dollars which should be paid for by United. I should get something for inconvenience and also since I used the highest possible points to get the flights that worked for us I should get miles back for crappy fights, that do not come close to our original schedule.
So what do you think about this poor service? I even asked to be put on other airlines that have flights I can live with.
This is my 4th problem with flights on United in last 5 trips. One trip they paid a taxi to take me to hotel as I had to spend the night because bumped me without notice, because I was upset the taxi driver drove around town for 1.5 hours, for us to get to our hotel that was 4 miles from airport. Hope I can get solved before our trip. Not putting a lot of stock in that right now. Hope this helps you in your airline choices.

Date of travel: January 2018