“Easy Peasy on Time Flight”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Flying direct on United was great. The plane was comfortable and the crew was fabulous. It was easy and not stressful like most flying experiences. Flying in smaller planes is great especially when you get a beautiful view of Lake Michigan and snow during the approach!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (28,547)

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

we flew from Montreal to Newark, Newark to Tokyo (Narita). montreal to Newark was a quick flight on a small plane. Newark to Tokyo was on a much bigger plane which was very nice. we did the upgrade to economy plus which was advertised that the upgrade was $30. it ended up being an extra $400 for me and my boyfriend but it was worth not worth it. the extra leg room is not much and you are treated like regular economy. there were pamphlets with snacks but when we asked the flight attendant to order the snacks none were available on our flight. the food they provided us was barely edible. we were hungry for the whole flight basically. at least there were many movies available for in flight entertainment. Wi-Fi was not free which it usually is on such long flights and was overpriced for the speed offered. I think we will use another carrier maybe air China or Japan airlines next time we head over there.

1  Thank AZS1989
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Arrived 3 hrs early as directed at Pearson Airport in Toronto, United staff don't start until 04:00, enjoyed standing in a mob of frustrated travellers from 03:00-04:00. When staff arrived they strolled up to the counters. The first plane, the newest in their fleet was SUPER uncomfortable. Th pretzels they serve as a snack tasted like cardboard. Flight attendant sneered at me when I asked to use the bathroom. Upgraded on our connector to "plus", still were not permitted to use the bathrooms at the front of the plane although, the seats had a little more space. - Return trip home we were forced to go through a second customs in Panama after we had already gone through a full exam. We were unable to bring food or drink that we had just purchased into the secondary customs area at the gate. There were NO BATHROOMS. They kept us from 6 am - 7:40 am without food or bathroom. Once boarded on the plane we asked to upgrade our seats as there were some available, we tried using the app without success the cost was $54/ea We also tried to upgrade our seat at the airport with the customer service agent who told us there was nothing available. On board, they told us the cost to upgrade is higher at $87/ea! We explained we had made a number of attempts to upgrade previously, they simply did not care. SO we tried to order some food as we had been sitting without food since 5 am, were told they did not have any Breakfast sandwiches left for us. No food except the cardboard pretzels - we were on a flight just under 4 hrs. I then needed to use the bathroom - this was the worst airplane lavatory I have ever used. The ammonia smell from the urine choked me as I entered. This was at the beginning of my flight before the airplane even took off the ground! The connector flight we thought would be better - NOPE NO FOOD available form their advertised menu. After over 7 hrs of flying with UNITED we arrived home to Canada exhausted, uncomfortable and hungry! We will NEVER fly UNITED again! Avoid!!!!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

That would be especially true on United. I was flying alone but had the points to up-grade to first class. Had walker and was entitled to store it and take a guided wheelchair which was very nice. Seats were very plush and offered lots of room. Maybe it doesn't mean the same to others, but to be able to stand and move around in front of seat is wonderful to me as I am challenged in my movements. I was put close to the door of airplane so only had to manage to make my way in to seat in first class, and later out, with help of a lovely stewardess to waiting wheelchair after landing. Food was good with three choices to cover most food type preferences, and so were the beverage choices. Service was excellent, and friendly. They had me laughing several times with other passengers. I was nervous flying by myself, and they did all possible to accommodate and anticipate my needs with an arm offered or nearby wheelchair. It was especially nice to be flying on an upgrade with points and a lovely person on phone was there to help me through process at no extra cost. It was an answer to prayers. My husband won't fly United any other way as had a rude awakening in economy class with ticket purchased for him by a relative. He was used to Southwest general seating and it wasn't same at all on United. Just glad I wasn't with him then.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

So much for Polaris service and the pre-flight emails that tout how "your time will fly by" with the inflight entertainment system. My husband and I booked non-stop Polaris First Class tickets between SFO and LIH. We had the same seats on both the outbound and return flights 10 days apart. Neither of our seatback entertainment systems worked in either direction despite the flight attendants best efforts. You would think 10 days would be enough time to find a solution! Don't advertise something you can't deliver. In addition, not even paid 1st class tickets allow you access to the United Lounge at SFO.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)